Weird UPC relist glitch?

Tonight, for the first time, I got an email from Ebay saying that 4 of my listings (which are GTC) were not relisted as they were missing UPC, Brand, or MPN.

I went over each listing and everything is in there, so I can't understand it.

I updated all my listings last year when the UPC changes came in and have had no issues until now.

Anyone else experience this glitch?

From memory, wasn't there a way you could bulk check all your listings to see if there were any issues?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Weird UPC relist glitch?

.. and speak of the devil - just got an email tonight saying listings had not been relisted and had been removed due to UPC's not being entered when they had been. 

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Just had a second email from Ebay saying a listing had ended due to non UPC codes etc. Went to look and see which listing it was and it was something I had manually ended 2 days ago.

Sigh.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

I just wish eBay would stop referring to all barcodes as UPCs.
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

I have also been affected by this issue, with 3 listings failing over 2 nights. I have spoken with 4 different customer support staff and got very different responses. Got this escalated to two supervisors, and also got the response that this is a known eBay glitch.

In my latest response from eBay Support I got directed to the following article: http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/sp16/structured-data

I have asked for clarification on this for my situation because I have also got advice to make sure the UPC is filled in (in my case with "Does not apply"). However there is no mention of UPC in this article. My current guess is that I need to revise my listings with Brand = Unbranded, which in turn will generate something called an eBay Product Identifier, which in turn is considered a valid product identifier and will allow relists to go through successfully.

I use InkFrog (3rd party software) to launch and revise listings. Interestingly this evening I have found that the UPC field has been removed from Multi variation listings in the InkFrog lister. I have raised a support request InkFrog to understand what's going on here, but all of this suggests something is clearly up with UPC and Product Identifiers, and unfortunately we are all caught up in this.

I have also been advised by eBay that whatever new rules they are implementing, are temporarily being placed on hold whilst this issue is being resolved. Hopefully that will stop further relists failing until we get more clarity.

I'm interested in others interpretation of the article in the link above.

Wish everyone the best.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Aren't we supposed to be losing the Does not apply option soon? I will be finished as none of my pieces have barcodes, branded jewellery but not given a UPC by the manufacturer 😞

Just quietly I hope that eBay goes into meltdown with all the requests for help along with hundreds of thousands of requests for eBay generated codes!!! I wonder what eBay.com is doing? I can't even see UPC in the item specifics of the few sellers I have looked at - there is tonights job, checking out US sellers listings!!!

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Just an update:

> My UPC field is now back in Inkfrog (although I haven't got an offical response from InkFrog on this)

> eBay supervisor has advised me that the product identifier changes are suspended until Mid February

Still don't know for sure what we are supposed to do, but will wait a few days for further clarification.

ps: the link http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/sp16/structured-data says: Note: By February 2017, all new listings will require at least one of the product identifiers listed above. The use of ‘N/A’ or ‘Does not apply’ will no longer be acceptable as a product identifier.

Underneath this paragraph there is a link to Learn more about product identifiers which says:

If your item doesn't have an MPN or GTIN number, then select 'does not apply'.

Completely contradictory.
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

In January one of the eBay announcements was that the next stage of product identifier requirements would be delayed until next year.

Can not for the life of me find the information in an announcment in the seller centre now though -

Copied from another thread the wording was

We’ve postponed our next product identifier mandate (additional categories of new and Good ‘Til Cancelled listings for manufacturer refurbished items) to next year, along with the removal of the “Does not apply” listing option.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Product-Identifier-Requirements-Delayed/m-p/2029810/highligh...

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply