Well I'll be darned - vitamins are suddenly Fashion!

Have had a "lovely" conversation with Ebay today. When I asked why I was being charged 8.5% for sales of nutritional & herbal supplements I was informed they are fashion! Can't seem to recall the last time I saw anybody wearing them, but wait - maybe I'm having another senior moment. Well done Ebay (I know they are not listening but just had to vent).

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Well I'll be darned - vitamins are suddenly Fashion!

cq_tech
Community Member

BTW why is collectable coming up as a spelling mistake but if I change the a to an i it is no longer a mistake but up the top of the page ebay themselves spell it collectable??

Bump, it seems that its spelling is dependent upon the context of its use.

From the on-line Oxford Dictionary (note the bolded paragraph at the end)...

collectable (also collectible)

Definition of collectable adjective

1 (often collectible) (of an item) worth collecting; of interest to a collector: his books became increasingly collectible, classics, collectable coins.

2 able to be collected:a hire car, collectable on your arrival noun (usually collectibles) an item valued and sought by collectors: the auction attracted professional dealers trading in quality small collectables.

Derivatives: collectability

Spelling help

Collectable can also be spelled collectible: collectible is usually used in the senses 'worth collecting' and 'an object valued by collectors', whereas collectable is usually used to mean 'able to be collected'.

Well, you did ask. :^O

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply