Well I'll be darned - vitamins are suddenly Fashion!

Have had a "lovely" conversation with Ebay today. When I asked why I was being charged 8.5% for sales of nutritional & herbal supplements I was informed they are fashion! Can't seem to recall the last time I saw anybody wearing them, but wait - maybe I'm having another senior moment. Well done Ebay (I know they are not listening but just had to vent).

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

909rve
Community Member

Hi

I have just had the same conversation regarding sewing patterns. Since when did craft-sewing-pattern become fashion?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe they think if is fashionable to take those vitamins.

I haven't seen anyone wearing vitamins but I do remember a gold credit card dress so maybe you should try making some sort of capsule creation.

Anyway back to being serious, there a list of items and their fees so I would double check that just to make sure vitamins are fashion.

Have you asked ebay to explain why vitamins are in fashion?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

My handmade library bags have suddenly become Collectibles:^O

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Hi

I have just had the same conversation regarding sewing patterns. Since when did craft-sewing-pattern become fashion?

I have noticed that craft now comes under "collectables" and while some items such as vintage equipment and many of the hand made quilts are extremely collectable most of the craft items are just your everyday bits and pieces.

BTW why is collectable coming up as a spelling mistake but if I change the a to an i it is no longer a mistake but up the top of the page ebay themselves spell it collectable??

Ebay and its spellchecker don't even agree on a simple spelling so maybe that is why they are struggling with the big things.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Health & Beauty is listed under Fashion on the table showing the new FVFs for different categories.

Category details

Find out more about all category inclusions and exclusions.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/fs7

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Wouldn't mind the gold credit card dress if they came loaded with cash!

It would appear that everything in Health & Beauty has just been dumped in Fashion. When I asked what falls in the 7% (featured store) category I was told "just general items". They continue to make rules to suit them. I'm thinking the free site is looking better each day. I'm not complaining about the amount of sales I'm making - it is just the cost of making those sales up against the big players is just getting too high.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Health & Beauty is listed under Fashion

that is just so silly, years ago I used to buy a lot through the Health part of Health and Beauty and what I bought for a quadriplegic father was far removed from fashion.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Health & Beauty is listed under Fashion

that is just so silly,

Yes, told them that. Maybe they need to split Health from Beauty - I don't know!

BTW why is collectable coming up as a spelling mistake but if I change the a to an i it is no longer a mistake but up the top of the page ebay themselves spell it collectable??

I think the spellchecker is American.

My handmade library bags have suddenly become Collectibles

I would be quite proud if anything I made was termed a collectable ๐Ÿ˜„ Most things I try to make don't make it past a week of use:_|

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I do have other categories I can list my handmade bags (several varieties) in but I think they would get lost amongst the large number of listings, and I feel I've already established a presence in the section for handmade bags, so I guess I keep getting sales and pay the higher FVF:|

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply