What do you shop owners do when you need to go away or on holiday?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay have holiday settings which can show a message " seller is away untill ****** date and is not processing orders ", or you can hide your listings using the holiday settings so they cant be purchased.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

If you have a store, you can put it in holiday mode, and opt to either keep listings visible (buyers can still find them in searches and buy them, but there's a note at the top of the listings saying there'll e a delay in processing orders until X date), or hide listings all together (they won't be searchable, and anyone who tries to buy - eg if they had it in their watch list - will be blocked from confirming the purchase). A lot of people miss the note on listings if you keep them visible, so I wouldn't recommend it if you'll be away for more than a few days.

You can find the settings in the Manage My Store section in Selling Manager. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I going on holidays Saturday - cruising South Pacific. As I don't have a store I did the following.

1 - Updated Turbo Lister

2 - Imported current lidting from EBay to TL

3 - Ended my listings

4 - On my return I will upload all from TL

Works well and you don't have to worry about your listings while on holiday.

Bon Voyage

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you so much for your reply. Ive just received my first shipment from China (It actually arrived) and my plan is to open a store after getting experience with the listing and selling side of things. I have read all the usual getting started on ebay books and have found what I hope to be a good neich, but am still extremly new to it all and panicked when I realised I am going to Bali in May for two weeks and really wanted to be up and running by then. I diddnt want to attract negative feedback for being absant. 

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you, thats great advice. I clearly need to do more homework before jumping in.

Thanks again

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply. 

Im so pleased to know that this can be done without having to jepordise the existance of your store.

Enjoy your Cruise

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Hi Amyvezz, I usually activate my holiday settings around four days before I leave. This gives buyers time to pay for their items and get them in the mail before I leave. If there are any slow payers I send a message advising them that they will need to pay for their item before +++++++++ date if they want it mailed before I go away. This all seems to work well.

Its all very exciting when the first load of stock arrives. Hope it all goes well for you and enjoy your holiday.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Can I ask a question to those who have used the store holiday setting to hide their listings? When does it come into effect, is it instant or is there a delay? I am wanting to hide my listings for one or two days only so I can attend a market and then update my stock levels after so I don't oversell.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

Im finding this forum so useful, I wish I had seen it months ago. I apreciate all the helpful advise from you experienced sellers. Im really hoping this works out.

Many thanks

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply