What does everyone else think of the AP proposed letter price increase.

I don't mind paying $1 for a small letter because I have basically never sent one. I think it is a reasonable price (even with AP's inefficiencies) but if they carry it to the other large letter weight levels the whole thing is going to be a mess.

I think also they are creating this 2 day extra postage thing to facilitate the introduction of a less frequent delivery service. What will the priority one cost as express letters are like about $6 now anyway. I guess registered and express letter services will increase which will bring them into line with the parcel services, a bit less though.

Then there is the fact that they did not see a reduction in letters comming...When there are only a few million letters being sent what are they going to do? Will it cost more to send a letter as compared to a parcel? (They like to seperate the business into different catagories)

Everyone seems to be offloading their stamp collections as well. I have picked up some quite good stamps just by buying them at below face value from ebay for use as postage, and save the ones I like.

Then there is the concession letter rate that I am reluctant to give my opinion on because I will get banished from the boards. There is heaps of other things that I find totally wrong with Asustalia Post.

I should point out that it is not my intension to undermine the hard work that some people do at Australia Post. The service I am provided here is great as I am sure other places as well. It just seems that the company as a whole is going backwards.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: What does everyone else think of the AP proposed letter price increase.

What do I think?

I think it absolutely sucks and is outrageous.

They can start by cutting the obscene salaries of their top 30 executives by 80% - that would still give them plenty.

How can their CEO get 4.8 million last year and they cry poor?

How can he get paid 10 times what the PM gets, for a public service company, it is ridiculous.

Also, they could start actually cancelling their letters and parcels, that would save millions, the industry in no gum unused stamps is massive.

Any stamp auction has thousands of dollars of uncancelled stamps listed in bulk lots..

Every auction catalogue I get in the mail (and I get plenty) has $2+ of uncancelled stamps on it..

They are crying poor, but they are liars. Their parcel business makes plenty and more than offsets their letter rate losses.

They know this very well, especially with their massive price increases on parcels over the past 5 years..

They are an essential, public company. They do not have to make a profit, they are SUPPOSED to be an essential service there for the benefit of all Australians..

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@gtx305 wrote:

I'll just have to email my clothes to buyers from now on.

get the buyers to sent you a photo of themselves and you can photoshop the clothes on.. will make returns a breeze

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

AS  A SELLER AND BUYER HERE FOR MANY YEARS , I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH NOT JUST WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH AU POST BUT THE GREED FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND COUNCILS ,ETC AS A WHOLE

I WILL AVOID THE POST SYSTEM LIKE A PLAQUE HANG UP MY HAT HERE AS A SELLER  AT LEAST FOR NOW

OLDER PEOPLE HELPED GROW THIS GREAT COUNTRY AND HOW ARE THEY REPAYED?

REMOVE ALL CONCESSIONS THEN TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY ADD A STATE TAX! HERE IN SA ANYHOW

I DO NOT HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL , BUT I CAN SEE THIS

LESS SELLERS ON EBAY , LESS TRAFFIC , INCREASES ALL ROUND.

A GREAT COUNTRY TO LIVE IN !!!

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@au-bargain-hunter wrote:

AS  A SELLER AND BUYER HERE FOR MANY YEARS , I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH NOT JUST WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH AU POST BUT THE GREED FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND COUNCILS ,ETC AS A WHOLE

I WILL AVOID THE POST SYSTEM LIKE A PLAQUE HANG UP MY HAT HERE AS A SELLER  AT LEAST FOR NOW

REMOVE ALL CONCESSIONS THEN TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY ADD A STATE TAX! HERE IN SA ANYHOW

I DO NOT HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL , BUT I CAN SEE THIS

LESS SELLERS ON EBAY , LESS TRAFFIC , INCREASES ALL ROUND.

A GREAT COUNTRY TO LIVE IN !!!

Please don't yell.

A plaque is a plate (often bronze) with engraving on it, commemorating some auspicious event

Your main beef seems to have nothing to do with eBay or Australia Post but your state government/local council. Maybe talk to somebody there?

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

REMOVE ALL CONCESSIONS

Concession stamps are not going up in price, so ???????

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

And what about the old people who have never had any concessions in the first place?

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply