What happens

Just caught a story on the Melb news it appears that an Aust Post B double truck has caught fire [I think]was involved in a crash on the Hume Hwy.

I feel so sorry for the drivers family I believe he was killed

But my big qusttion .What happens in this case I dont think Australia Post  admits to parcel losses Being a Bdouble must have been hundreds of parcels ,so we can only look forward to a lot of items not recieved it was heading Nth on the Hwy.

Any clue what will happen Austpost

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: What happens

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

Being a Bdouble must have been hundreds of parcels ,so we can only look forward to a lot of items not recieved it was heading Nth on the Hwy

Really? that was your second thought? the big question? Wow

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

i  have blu rays coming in the mail  but   this was a terible accident  i dont thiink his family would care about ebay parcels at this sad time

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Gee the priorities of some is sad. 😞

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

rumplebear1951
Community Member

Talk about self-centred...a person has died in a tragic accident and all you care about OP is ebay parcels.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Seriously you can’t answer a simple valid question?

The OP has stated they feel for the family at this sad time.

That said, their buyers are most likely not going to connect a road accident (no matter how horrific) with why they did not receive their parcel.

And who are they going to harass?  The OP – who is simply trying to ascertain an answer before it becomes a problem for their business. There is nothing self-centred about this.

OP unless you get better answer, I would wait to see if you get any ‘where is my parcel’ queries.   If they have tracking, I would ask my local post office to track the item (they can sometimes see more track events they we can see on the website.) If you have no tracking, I would ask the manager at your local post office if your missing parcels were likely to have been on the truck due to their destination. If they agree this a possibility, I would include this information on the green complaint form.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, the OP dedicate an entire line to the family

I feel so sorry for the drivers family I believe he was killed

C'mon, who cares? OP, PM me the amount you are going to be out by if a parcel was on board, I'll consider it my donation to the family. Has eBay really become this COLD

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

urtundidi - OP unless you get better answer, I would wait to see if you get any ‘where is my parcel’ queries

exactly - give it a week or two, see if there is a problem, then approach AP., them maybe come here.

But to be the first (oh I'm sorry, second) thing the OP thought of - shame

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Sorry i also dont feel the OP needed everyone to jump down his/her throat like that.    Horrific Tragedy yes but he came to an EBAY board to ask an EBAY related question.    Im sure he's not the heartless individual everyone made him/her out to be in their posts.      Too bad you have to think twice about everything you ask or post on here because someone is always going to have it out for you.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Well I can answer the OP's question from personal experience.  If you have a missing item claim and AP can confirm that on the balance of probabilities it was in the burned truck then you will get a refund.

You do have to wait a while until AP tries to salvage parcels that are not complete write-offs but you will get your refund eventually.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply