What has ebay changed to the printing of order details?

In the past, I printed a copy of the Order Details when I made a sale, but now when I use the 'printer friendly' page, it becomes miniature rather the taking up approx a half page of landscape A4, although it looks fine in the preview. Doesn't matter if I use the printer icon on the page, or Ctrl-P of the browser, it is such a tiny font, I have to use a magnifying glass to read it! Something has obviously changed and don't know how to fix it.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: What has ebay changed to the printing of order details?

You, on this account, sell 15 items per month. Surely you have no need to destroy trees in order to keep track of your sales.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

This has been happening to me - but I think it might have something to do with Google. I print out my orders using Firefox now and they are the same as before - Portrait and Visible.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Just checked with Firefox - same issue as Chrome. 

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

On Firefox  I don't use the Printer icon. Highlight the Order Page information then right click to 'Print Selection'. It should print from there. Google don't seem to offer that option.

Hope this helps.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

ebay appears to have fixed this problem now.

This morning I printed off 2 order details and they are back to their original sized font and easily readable. It is also printed in portrait mode and not landscape, so all nice now again.

Thank you ebay.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

The postage labels are still small, though. They used to fit perfectly on a 4up label, but all printed this year look to be at about 75%

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I've been suffering from the same problem for the past year or more now, no computer or printer settings changes, OS (bigsur) updated as was HP updates on printer, likewise Firefox, Safari and Opera! clicking 'printer friendly page' brings up a normal page, but clicking the printer icon shows a vastly reduced print preview with the text squeezed into the top left corner! Changing the scale only ends up with 2 or more pages as it increases the length of each line as opposed to enlarging to fit the page, and 'fit to page' is of no use either, changing to 'landscape' reduces the page number as the line length fit the page width, but this screws with my filing!

Have been looking for a solution for some time and strangely didn't think to try this! But tonight I tried the print option under the 'file' menu in Firefox, whoop de do! A normal size print out! Haven't tried Ctr + p yet but guess it should give the same result as it is the shortcut for the same menu item. Fingers crossed!

But someone has said it already, "if it ain't broke don't fix it", please Ebay, leave things alone, or give us an option of a 'light' version of the site, some of us don't want or need all the bells and whistles!

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

It has happened to me before try changing your default settings from A4 to letter size in the last window before final printing that will increase the final font size so you can actually read it 

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply