What if buyer doesn't pickup item

I sent the item to the buyer, whose address is a post office parcel box, and I can see the status is delievered to parcel box, waiting for collection and it's been nearly a week. I've contacted buyer to remind him/her to pick up the item but no reply. I'm worried if the buy keeps not collecting it, will it be sent back by the post office? And what would happen in that case, like I have to refund it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: What if buyer doesn't pickup item

I must admit I would never use a Parcel locker in a fit.

If the item is too large to go in the locker it will be treated as a Safe Drop item....photographed at the location and left at the office of the premises where the lockers are located....be it a 7/11 store or local service station.

Too much potential for things to go missing.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

I had an item returned to me unopened 3 months after I posted it. The notes with it had the dates it was carded (4-5 times) and then it sat there a few more weeks and was returned - at my cost when I collected it from the post office. I contacted the buyer who had no recent fb or activity and got no reply by message or email. I sat on it for 6 months more before reselling. Still don't know why nearly 2 years later. No case ever opened and no reply.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

I've had the same thing happen on three occasions. It was returned to me, and i had to pay $7.60 to get it back. Then the buyer wanted me to send it back again. I gave them a refund minus the $7.60 I had to pay Auspost to retrieve the item.

The customer wasn't happy about it, but they didn't bother to get it, so it's not my problem. I did all that was expected, send it promptly, with tracking, to the the address registered with ebay.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Did the buyer pay with paypal?

If so you should have sent the item to the address that they specified as the delivery address in the paypal notification....no their ebay address, uness it was the same address.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

If they pay with PayPal then it's always the address provided thru PayPal at the time of payment you should use.
In any case if you always use the address shown on the eBay sales record this is correct no matter how they pay.
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

CLarry is right,  items go the Paypal address, unless they edit or request a different address during checkout.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
I had an item returned to me unopened 3 months after I posted it. The notes with it had the dates it was carded (4-5 times) and then it sat there a few more weeks and was returned - at my cost when I collected it from the post office. I contacted the buyer who had no recent fb or activity and got no reply by message or email. I sat on it for 6 months more before reselling. Still don't know why nearly 2 years later. No case ever opened and no reply.

Your buyer may have died, hence no contact and no dispute. It happens.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

that was my thought when i read this tippy. would certainly explain it. 

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Yes I had an ususual one a few years back, my buyer purchased 2 items from me over 2 days. He paid for the first one straight away and not the other, so I sent the first parcel the next day and I put an unpaid item dispute on the other as I'd heard nothing for 5 days.

Sent him a few emails and just nothing back from him.

After about 6 weeks I received the first parcel back unopened saying unknown person at this address.

I thought he might has passed away also as he never got back to me.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply