What is going on?

I have been selling on ebay for a number of years and never ever before have I had a slump in sales like I have now.  I always sell, even when everyone else is complaining.  Now I am not complaining as I have been selling lots in Gumtree, items that i would have normally sold in ebay and they are being posted around Australia no problems.  So, there are buyers out there, they just don't seem to be shopping in ebay.  For my items anyway it seems.  Anyone else?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What is going on?

No.

My sales have dropped to pre-COVID levels, but I put it down to reduced stock and the withdrawal/reduction of Government support to ordinary punters. As I don't sell to the big end of town, their windfalls at my expense don't help me.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

What is going on?

Interesting,  so that does mean than we small sellers are in for a period of no sales.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

What is going on?

Could well be. It depends on what we sell. We both seem to be selling discretionary items and those are the first to feel the pinch.

I wouldn't buy a book (maybe, it depends on the book) instead of food, and I doubt too many potential buyers would buy T-shirts instead of food.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

What is going on?

Guess we have been spoilt here in the West, this place is very busy, lots of people working maybe that is why Gumtree is selling so well.  Just go with what works I guess.  Miss ebay sales though, that cha ching on my phone...

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

What is going on?

My sales are down a bit, but only because I have reduced my international sales due to COVID postage issues. Australian sales are ticking along quite nicely at around normal levels and I have just started to try a few international sales again. So far, so good.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

What is going on?

I can't even make an International Sale.  Never mind, I shall use this time to do some listings, pull some stuff out of my ended listings. I ended them as I thought they were dead weight, maybe they will excite someone.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

What is going on?

@davewil1964 wrote:

Could well be. It depends on what we sell. We both seem to be selling discretionary items and those are the first to feel the pinch.

I wouldn't buy a book (maybe, it depends on the book) instead of food, and I doubt too many potential buyers would buy T-shirts instead of food.

I also sell discretionary items (DVDs) and have just had the best weekend in several months.  Earlier in the week it was very quite, but more than made up Friday to Sunday. 

It seems when eBay are fiddling with changes (New seller protections, certified refubished, etc) sales become very On/Off and often when On they are on Turbo Boost.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

What is going on?

Only been here 3 years, but have seen this same story (some hobbies and discretionary sales down, DVD sales up) each year at footy finals time.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

What is going on?

Don't try to figure out the public.. I have seen the craziest things on here..Many things that make no sense at all. We are living is crazy times at the moment.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply