What the heck...?!?

saarzi
Community Member

Just went into a few of my listings and realise ALL my listing descriptions are being blocked by IE, with big red block, and "unsafe" all over it. Its only happening in I.E, not firefox or chrome.

Theres not HTML or code in my descriptions whatsoever.

Anyone else??

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: What the heck...?!?

Someone else did mention about get a red block when they tried to open ebay

Ebay and IE really do not like each other

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Ive been using IE with Ebay for ten years and never ever actually had an issue, this is the first time this has happened.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Customer service just said theres noting wrong and my listings are showing up perfectly...

can someone with IE 11 please check one for me?  Its still showing as blocked for me.

Item number 331978260163... for example....

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I use IE for the forums and checked some of your listings, including the item number you left. All showing as OK from this end.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

hmm thats so weird - thank you for checking for me! 😄

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

The other poster discovered it is Microsoft detecting eBay descriptions as being unsafe.

image host
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Apparently its only happening with Win10.....not Win7.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

IE is evil and stupid.

I don't use it for that reason, and am running Windows 7, but check the settings for an option resembling "Block unsecured images with other mixed content".

I recently got my laptop repaired and had the same problem with the new version of Windows Mail (wouldn't show any attachments or images). There was a setting that I simply had to untick.

The good news is that if any potential buyers are using IE and are having that problem, then it'd also be blocking everyone elses images (and probably images on other websites, too). Which means they'd either fix it or wise up and just use Firefox/Chrome, which are both infinitely better.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

My settings or what browser I use are not terribly relevant.

The issue is the potentially millions of customers not being able to view sellers items, and sellers losing sales.

The vast majority arent going to bother to get advice on how to fix it, or try themselves, to view a couple of my listings (or anyone elses) - they will simply go elsewhere.

Also, the problem isnt IE 11 or Win10. The problem is eBay. If an issue arises, Ebay needs to adjust / fix themselves to conform (eBay needs to be compatible with browsers / systems, not the other way around), or at least contact Microsoft for an ETA on any issues on their end. Ebay is a 5 billion dollar company.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply