What was changed on ebay recently? My sales dropped 50%

Not sure what happed but guess ebay has made some changes on search results. My sales dropped about 50% recently. Anyone has noticed that?

Message 1 of 117
Latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

As of the 8th of April Australia Post have increased their charges. Next month ebay will increase their fees and some sellers will increase their charges.

TCT
Message 2 of 117
Latest reply

I 'm down quite a bit from March.

April items sold 194 and March was 2620 also April's average item price is lower than March.

Message 3 of 117
Latest reply

It's just as bad from the buyer's perspective, OP

This has become an irritating site.  And it didn't get that way by accident, meaning I believe ebay wants out of Australia and this is how they're doing it

It's not fun browsing ebay any more.  They continually make the system less user-friendly.  What does that mean ?  Maybe ebay can tell you.  But from a buyer's perspective, ebay is now a chore, a pain, an annoyance

No wonder sellers are losing sales.  Why have they made Item Location so difficult to find, for example ?  Why didn't they leave it where it was ?   What sort of lunatics mess up a system so badly ?

I can't bear this place any longer.  It's just cheesed me off again when it should have been so simple

EBay's on the way to a hiding and it deserves one or six hidings.  It seems to believe it can convert potential buyers from seeking unusual, used or interesting items and force them to buy flat-packed, imported junk

Well good luck with that ebay.  You won't be forcing me.  And I hope your market share continues to reflect your stupidity and failures

Message 4 of 117
Latest reply

As of the 8th of April Australia Post have increased their charges. Next month ebay will increase their fees and some sellers will increase their charges.

Next month ebay will increase their fees for some and reduce the fees for some and some sellers will increase their charges and some sellers will not change a thing

But the postage rise will happen every 6 months.

Message 5 of 117
Latest reply

YES I have noticed I haven't sold anything in a week. 

Most unusual as I approximate at least 1 or 2 per day.  Not good whatever is going on. 

I know things are changing, but they always are and I have never experienced this before.

Message 6 of 117
Latest reply

It's not fun browsing ebay any more.  They continually make the system less user-friendly.  What does that mean ?  Maybe ebay can tell you.  But from a buyer's perspective, ebay is now a chore, a pain, an annoyance

No wonder sellers are losing sales.  Why have they made Item Location so difficult to find, for example ?  Why didn't they leave it where it was ?   What sort of lunatics mess up a system so badly ?

I can't bear this place any longer.  It's just cheesed me off again when it should have been so simple

I completely agree. I'm a seller, but mostly a buyer and it's just no fun browsing anymore. There's less and less selection if you don't want to buy cheap chinese junk, and the limited stuff that is available, is becoming harder and harder to find. I just wish there was a viable alternative, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Message 7 of 117
Latest reply

I much preferred eBay when the whole thing was based in the USA and there WAS no eBay Australia. What's the point of it? Certainly hasn't helped with anything. And it's not like their 'help' people are even IN Australia.

Message 8 of 117
Latest reply

I've also found in the last week or so that I no longer get listing notifications of my saved searches from USA eBay any more.... I've tried reinstating them a couple of times, but no go. What gives??

Message 9 of 117
Latest reply

Worst month ever , my sales have dropped nearly 80% and I would be lucky to earn $2 an hour for my time

Message 10 of 117
Latest reply