When can we re-list

Hi

We have a question?

When can we re-list I thought it would be today as it's a new month.

We started our listing's on the 15th of Jan do we have to wait till the 15th of Feb?

I hope not 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: When can we re-list

Are you asking about the 40 free listings? if so then it is at the start of every month.But if your item hasn't sold then you can relist it immediately following the end of an auction if it didn't sell.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Free listings work on the calendar month, so they reset to 40 available on the 1st of every month.

I'm pretty sure (but not 100% certain) that listing limits work per 30 days, so if you reached your limit on the 15th January, then you should be able to list again around the 14th (possibly earlier if you had listings that started earlier than the 15th). 

Just keep in mind only sold items count towards listing limits. If your limit is 10 and you listed 10 items but only sold 5, you could list/sell another 5 items before reaching the limit for the current month.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Listing limits also work on calendar months.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Listing limits also work on calendar months.

I wasn't sure as I haven't really ever come close to mine, but on this account, I have noticed that previous month's sales figures are still deducted from the current month's limits because they were within the last 30 days, so figured it worked a little differently. It would kinda make more sense for them to work that way, because other account limits do, and that would mean someone could list/sell 100 items on the last day of a calendar month, then list / sell another 100 the next day.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I can. But my account date is the 1st. Maybe yours is the 16th.

I never go close to my limits, but ALL January sales have now dropped off the restriction list so I can now list 100 instead of the 95 it said 2 hours ago

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I can. But my account date is the 1st. Maybe yours is the 16th.

No, mine's the 1st as well - I haven't listed anything for a few months though, so I can't double-check that sales definitely carry over for 30 days on mine.

Interesting, though, and kinda defeats the supposed purpose of listing limits, but seems fitting with eBay logic. 😄

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

it depends on how you define a month. Intuitively, and eBayly, it seems to be a calendar one. Which makes sense to me.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

it depends on how you define a month. Intuitively, and eBayly, it seems to be a calendar one. Which makes sense to me.

Yeah, but the listing limits are to ensure the safety of the buying community, so it makes more sense to me for actual sales activity and limits to be metered and go by the 30-day period I presumed it did (and it works that way for other limits), whereas the free listings are just something you don't need to earn by gaining a good track record over time etc. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

We obviously intuite differently.

The bottom line is that eBay keeps track of the listing limits. If listings are available then the limits haven't been exceeded

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply