Where can I go to find items to sell on ebay?

Hi there,

Where and how do individuals find things to sell on ebay? I want to buy items in bulk and then sell those items individually through ebay, how do I do this? Do sellers contact and buy from a distributer? Can someone please point me in the right direction where I can find things to buy in bulk?

kind regards

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Where can I go to find items to sell on ebay?

@brickworksmarket wrote:

I am under the impression they have a job as their main income going by what they say. So selling the odd thing here and there is not the same as selling enough to make ebay your main income.

Yes, I do have a regular day job. Well, a shift work job that sees me working all hours, which sucks at times. I also sell a LOT on ebay. Sometimes I get home in the wee small hours and am not ready for bed, so I ebay. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that.

Most of my items were bought as a bulk lot. I think they are called a "job lot" on ebay. I actually misquoted what I paid for some. Looking at my records, some of them were 86c each. Not a huge difference from 90c, I know, but amounts seem to matter to you. 

I have had a few forum members buy from me because they know my selling account, and while there wasn't much mark up on the items they bought, they seemed to be happy with what they got. Some items only have a small mark up, others have a significant mark up. It depends on the item.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

most distributors will require that a seller have a Brick and Mortar presence before even considering supplying them

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Sometimes I am surprised by your comments and think you may not what you are on about then you come out with this. Don't give up your day job anytime soon as your not there yet.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

Sometimes I am surprised by your comments and think you may not what you are on about then you come out with this. Don't give up your day job anytime soon as your not there yet.

You do get time to edit. lol

You're.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@p9games wrote:

most distributors will require that a seller have a Brick and Mortar presence before even considering supplying them

Not true,  I have many distributors happy to sell to me.  It is a small minority who insist on a B&M, and than it is generally because they are trying to keep their product ''exclusive'' or defined sellers only.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

I used to work night shift for years and wish I did ebay back then as it would have been helpful. 

The main issue I see it not what you get for each item but being able to do it everyday as an income. Its hard finding enough to cover your expenses sometimes. Its even harder trying to make an average wage and then the issue of not getting a regular income each week.

I have x amount of stock listed and I look at it as unpaid work. Which for me is nearly a years pay which is a large investment in time and money. 

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

I certainly don't ebay every day. Not even every week. Most of my items are auctions, because they seem to sell better that way. That's why I can get huge mark ups on some items. I might list a 90c item at a start price of $5 plus postage and it might sell for $6.50. It might also sell for $100. It depends on who wants to pay what on the day. Could I put more time into ebay and make it a full time business and give up my regular job? Maybe. But, I'm not interested in doing that, because I actually really like my job.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply