Where do I find the IOSS number on sales to the UK and Europe

Hi,

Ebay Australia sent out notification that from 15th July they are collecting VAT for sales to Europe and the UK, and that an IOSS number has to be quoted, or the buyer will be charged VAT again when the parcel arrives.

I sold a $110 item to the UK tonight. I can find confirmation on one form of the invoice that VAT has been collected, but I can not work out where to find the IOSS number (or any other number) to quote on the customs form to confirm that VAT has already been paid. 

Where do I find this number please?

Wouldn't it be logical for Ebay to also send it with the payment confirmation sent by email since that has the full UK or EU address confirming the sale has been paid. In any case I need to find that number so I am not gouging a buyer.

Kind Regards,  Kevin

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Where do I find the IOSS number on sales to the UK and Europe

purveyor_of_tat
Community Member

It can be found on the order details page, where you see the buyer's address.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Is that the GB number under the street in the middle of the address?

Thanks for your assistance.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

According to Google, Ebay's IOSS number is: IM2760000742

However, I'm not sure if that is the only number, or if there are variables.

Also, when you send the parcel, you should attach a small ziplock bag, (taped down on 3 sides), with a copy of the invoice inside so that Customs can quickly check. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The UK is not part of the EU, so the IOSS number is not applicable to those sales. The UK and EU rules are a bit different. The EU is actually the first one who's implemented rules that doesn't assume VAT was collected at point of sale if applicable, they assume it wasn't unless indicated otherwise, so the IOSS number is essential on those sales, everyone else (UK included) is using the same kind of system we've got. 

Just include an eBay-generated invoice as already suggested - you can write something like "OMP-collected VAT" in the comments field if you want to, as well). 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply