Who else is finding the new payment/fee structure unfair and in eBays favour ??

I'm a novice eBayer, however have been a long standing loyal eBay seller for years.  Since the new structure of payment and fees I've found its unfair and in eBays favour not to mention overly inflated. I sold an item weeks ago and am still waiting on my payment, yet the buyer is more than likely already happily using the item whilst I wait patiently to get payment for it. Wheres the sense in this. If I was a shopfront I'd get paid instantly for a sale.

eBay used to be a great transactional platform to buy and sell fairly not anymore : (

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

T&C's apply to all, novices and those who choose not to read them included

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Just to clarify - you're definitely signed up and fully verified for the new payment system?

You supplied ID etc?

The system is not unique - Amazon and Etsy have the same structure.

Part of the reason is to weed out scammers who sign up, put up listings for expensive, non-existent items (ie: PS5's) get the money and scarper.

For infrequent sellers, the payment delay is to also to take into account any issues that may arise, such as the buyer get a defective item, or opening a case for non-delivery. I believe that once it shows delivered, you could contact customer service to ask them to release the funds earlier.

If you continue to sell, the fund holding will fall away after 3 months (if I remember correctly).

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

According to your feedback, it seems you only have had 1 sale in the last year. Even if you had 5 in the last year your payments will be slow. I have 2 accounts, one with low sales and I have to wait 2 weeks for payment also. The other account with many regular sales is quite fast, the funds are automatically in my bank account within 3 business days which I think is good.

As for fees, before managed payments I was paying 13.9% + .30c in fees per item (that included ebay and paypal fees). Now it is all managed by ebay and my fees are 13.4% + .30c per sale. It's been at these levels for many years now. I am a non business personal account with no store.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Nope.  I love it.  

1. Avoids Paypal.  I'd gladly pay money to be rid of them.

2. Choice of payout cadence.  I like weekly as it makes it easier to account for.  Payments are like clockwork

3. Fee structure is marginally lower, or about the same for most sellers

4. No insertion fees saves me several hundred dollars a month.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply