Who is responsible? please help

Hi Guys

My wife sold a item on her ebay ( perfume), The buyer came back to her and said they recieved the sacthel and it was ripped and open and no perfume in it. When I look at the tracking no results come up. The buyer has opened a paypal claim and I sent paypal the email that the buyer sent me and told them they have to ring aus post to open a investigation

Is there anything else I can do? I have never had this happen to me before.

The buyer wants their money back which is understandable , but I am also without the perfume I posted as it seems someone from

auspost has stolen it

Please help, Thanks

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I think it might be wise to refund.

Unless you have a dangerous goods licence it is illegal to post perfume, so bringing AP's attention to it is probably not a good idea.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

That may just be a story too. Buyer may know the ins and outs of posting perfume without a dangerous goods licence.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

The story seems too far fetched for me I would also be checking the buyers feedback received and feedback left for other sellers to see if there are any hints of refunds being given for similar things. If you have a postage receipt showing you have posted the item and the buyer admits to receiving the parcel then surely paypal wouldn't refund.?
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
If buyer opened an SNAD case in PayPal than they would be told to return the item. Receiving perfume or just a bag with air inside it would be considered SNAD?
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Contacting Aus Post will perhaps get you into major trouble for posting without a DGL, did you at least post it regular post, not a satchel so you did not sign a dangerous goods declaration and presumably put a road only sticker on it? I wouldn't contact ebay either as it is a policy breach to even list perfume unless you have a DGL. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Just a slight correction - I believe you can list perfume pickup only without a DGL? 🙂
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

How exactly was the satchel delivered?

Parecel delivery person left it at house, no one home, and it was found later ripped and empty?

Parcel delivery person wouldn't have delivered an empty ripped satchel???

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I think OP should just refund.

He's posted perfume before - illegal, we know, so that's ignorance

for starters.  For the small amount of selling he does, there's

6 negs and 2 nuetrals.

So, in my book, what goes around, comes around.

Refund and hope your buyer is kind

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

For the small amount of selling he does, there's

6 negs and 2 nuetrals.

Not to mention the false positives for non payment from other sellers, and that was just on the first page. Then there's the feedback score of 95%. If I was the OP, I'd be cutting my losses and refunding because the way they are going, if they're not careful, their eBay career will be over soon enough.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply