Who should pay for postage if an item is returned & resent

I posted an item using Click n Send 3kg satchel. Buy was tracking to see were her item was & discovers it has been returned to sender due to an invalid address. Sends me a msg. Item was sent to her registered ebay & PayPal address. I confirm this is where item has been sent, she sends me a message and says I've only moved into this place and forgot to put a unit number,
Item has been received by me today. As this is the buyers error who should be paying for the item to be resent, I think the buyer should as I have done everything correctly. ( I will be having her change her address which ebay and PayPal before I resent)
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Who should pay for postage if an item is returned & resent

buyer, she admitted she forgot unit number so she has made the error.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, buyer mistake. Neither you or the postie knew what her unit number is.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

So long as you have tracking and proof of lodgement (over the counter receipt) and you mailed to the address in PayPal then you as the seller have done all the right stuff and will be protected in any claim.

The buyer needs to pay for you to resend the package to the correct address as it has clearly been their error not yours and the ebay messages between you will support this I would think.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Are you on good terms with your local PO staff? Some will (I presume they are not meant to) resend the same parcel with the corrected address at no cost.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply