Why can buyers blame sellers because Australia Post is slow?

Paid 21/1 Sent 23/1 and it arrived 3 weeks later from SA to Vic

I copped a neutral for slow postage and no communication when I answered their message about the lost books on Feb 5 and never heard back

What gives buyers the right the blame sellers because Australia Post cant do their job correctly

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Paid 21/1 Sent 23/1 and it arrived 3 weeks later from SA to Vic

I copped a neutral for slow postage and no communication when I answered their message about the lost books on Feb 5 and never heard back

What gives buyers the right the blame sellers because Australia Post cant do their job correctly

Not actually a 'right' its more to do with both ebay & AP.

Ebay puts specific timeframes in re when buyer should expect their parcel.Ebay seems to think from one side of Australia to the other will take a few days.

AP doesn't seem to stamp even letters anymore with postage date let alone parcels so buyer really has no idea how long an item took to get from A to B irrespective of when you may have marked item as posted.

Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

My real feedback is similar to yours. Guess I'm lucky as I've never had ANY of the issues you seem to attract.

Could be totally irrelevant, but I would guess it could come down to the items you sell, your descriptions or your customer service.

Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

Last week i posted of something as letter rate and I noticed she put 2 60 cent stamps on it and put in the box

I am pretty sure if you get the printed label that does have the date on it as well as the time

Our main problem Dave has been lost parcels, from Nov 2011 to Nov 2012 we had no problems at all, then from late Nov 2012, seems to be a big increase in lost parcels and a couple arrived damaged. All I can do is refund as they were sent letter rate, so we are going try try listing mainly with Click & Send postage to see if the helps eliminate it

Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

They shouldn't be blaming you, if they paid for regular mail, it'll take as long as it needs. Once it's in Australia Posts hands not not your fault it's late. the buyer should have asked for registered or Express Post and paid the extra amount to get it there quicker.  I personally only send by registered or Express.

Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

We are getting Secret Negative Feedback on mailing taking to long to be delivered. We mail within 1 business day at our local PO that is 3 mins away and we do not know what a it is to stand in a line. All our mail gets a very clear cancel on it, with the days date on which the item was mailed plus we get the mailing address and stamp with the cancel on it photo copied. We never fail to do this!

Some people just..........

Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

My feedback is unlucky just like you, I lost power seller today. 😞

Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

I always send my buyers a courtesy message just tell them when I will (or have) posted their item. I always tell them it should arrive to them within the week, but to contact me if it isn't and I'll chase it up for them.

I haven't had any postage time complaints. (even before when I used to sell).

I don't know if my short message makes a difference, but it seems to work for me. touch wood.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

I, too, let my buyers know when I have posted off a parcel but I also explain that I am in Perth and Australia Post is notoriously slow from Perth.    Especially if it's going interstate and into the country as well.

Not a lot we can do I don't think.

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

My feedback is unlucky just like you, I lost power seller today. 😞

There is nothing wrong with your feedback, You only have 2 Neutrals in the past 12 months which doesn't affect your rating, your feedback is at 100% and your DSRs are excellent...

I don't see the problem

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 10 of 53
Latest reply