Why can buyers blame sellers because Australia Post is slow?

Paid 21/1 Sent 23/1 and it arrived 3 weeks later from SA to Vic

I copped a neutral for slow postage and no communication when I answered their message about the lost books on Feb 5 and never heard back

What gives buyers the right the blame sellers because Australia Post cant do their job correctly

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Why can buyers blame sellers because Australia Post is slow?

But all the same - you need to contact ebay about getting the negative removed.

Message 51 of 53
Latest reply

@kingmate7 wrote:

With all due respect not all problems are based on Australia Post. I just had a buyer leave me negative feedback on an item. He wanted to pick it up initially. This Item was never marked for pickup and I informed him that I did not feel comfortable with his request because of the current Victorian Covid restrictions. Also this buyer is from Cranbourne a known current Covid hotspot!. Now this buyer has left me bad feedback, the item was lodged for delivery to him by me at the post office the same afternoon within an hour of him purchasing the product!, in other words I shipped it out fast to help him out!. This buyer has now left me bad feedback and the tracking is showing the buyer has not even received the item yet!. Also I am a power seller and eBay usually makes buyers wait a few days before leaving bad feedback so this guy probably left It days ago. How do you explain that, with all due respect not all issues are due to the post office some of its down to vindictive unreasonable buyers!.

That does sound like a very unreasonable buyer. I can see why he might have thought of pick up as postage cost almost as much as the item itself but all the same, the petrol cost or eastlink cost to get to Doncaster from Cranbourne would not have worked out much cheaper, not to mention any possible fine for breaking the 5km limit.

But the relevant point really is you posted the item very quickly and you have tracking to prove it. I did check the feedback and unfortunately (in one way) it is just a little thumbs down, he hasn't actually said what his problem is. If I wanted to buy from you, that sort of feedback would not serve to stop me as it is so uninformative. So in that regard, I don't think you have a lot to worry about.

You could contact ebay with the details of the transaction, postage date/time/tracking etc and discuss the feedback but whether they will remove it, I don't know. If it had said something like slow to post, which you could disprove, maybe you'd have a better chance. I don't really know, but you could try.

If they won't remove it though-they may just say it is the buyer's overall opinion-you can always leave a factual reply. Just something like Item bought at 10am on such and such a date, posted at 11am same day.

Message 52 of 53
Latest reply

And just an additional note:   if you look at your feedback page and touch "reply to feedback received"  it will give the date the buyer left feedback - if he posted feedback too early, it will give you additional ammunition with ebay to get it removed.

But do not "reply to feedback received"  until you have exhausted the removal avenue.

Message 53 of 53
Latest reply