Why can buyers blame sellers because Australia Post is slow?

Paid 21/1 Sent 23/1 and it arrived 3 weeks later from SA to Vic

I copped a neutral for slow postage and no communication when I answered their message about the lost books on Feb 5 and never heard back

What gives buyers the right the blame sellers because Australia Post cant do their job correctly

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Welcome to the speeshul list 

Message 31 of 53
Latest reply

This is an old thread, but on the same topic

What if your buyer doesn't answer his own door when Australia Post tries to deliver and then leaves you negative feedback because of it?  Sure the buyer says he was home all day, but its Australia Post word against him/her's.  I just put the mail in the post box and paid for the shipping.  How is this fair?

Message 32 of 53
Latest reply

@kangarooted wrote:

This is an old thread, but on the same topic

What if your buyer doesn't answer his own door when Australia Post tries to deliver and then leaves you negative feedback because of it?  Sure the buyer says he was home all day, but its Australia Post word against him/her's.  I just put the mail in the post box and paid for the shipping.  How is this fair?

If you phone eBay, or preferably get them to call you back you would probably be able to get that neg removed, and if the CS rep won't do it ask to speak to a supervisor.

Go to the "help" section at the top of any page to get the phone number.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 33 of 53
Latest reply

Try contacting eBay (via the callback option), to see if they will remove the neg - it might be a bit of a longshot (because a lot of reps will just say "it's the buyer's opinion" regardless of anything), but still worth a try since these are circumstances any rational thinking person can see were not only 100% beyond your control, but these days pretty par for the course with package delivery - i.e. it happens sometimes, and you made no promises in your listing about guaranteed delivery to their door).

While you're at it, report the product review they left for the headphones - they have reviewed Aus post, not the product.

Message 34 of 53
Latest reply

As padi & DG said, it would be worth your while ringing up about this and ask the supervisor to read the neg and also the product review as it is very clear the buyer is aiming all the negative energy at Australia Post. It most definitely is not a product review and should be deleted in my opinion, even if ebay in their wisdom decided the neg feedback had to stay.

Why didn't your buyer open the door? Who knows, maybe he is a bit deaf or maybe the postie was a bit lazy and didn't bother knocking very well.

They don't always give a person much time. I had a courier ring my bell once. I heard it and went to the door immediately yet they were in their van, starting to back out by the time I got there. It reminded me of those American cop shows where they ring someone's door bell and then break the door down 3 seconds later when there is no answer.

But regardless, the product review should go & the feedback is ridiculous. Just rest assured that if you sell other things, it isn't the sort of neg that would turn another buyer off.

Message 35 of 53
Latest reply

Springy, I am home 24/7 and still get carded "because I was not home".

It happened yesterday.....new batteries in the doorbell at the weekend and still there was a card in the letterbox.  I am sure that no-one rang the bell or even came to the door as I was in a room that overlooks the front door.

Message 36 of 53
Latest reply

It (carded while being at home, with no one having run the doorbell) happened to me just a short while ago, but ironically the items I had purchased actually were batteries. (Not for the doorbell, but still it's a nice buildable story connection.)

Names and details of the respective post offices in this short anecdote have been changed to protect the innocent (me). The "article awaiting collection" note put in the letterbox by the courier stated that the parcel was to be collected from the post office in Mozzjumduckiron, whereas the email and SMS update both said it was at the post office in North Gutcactus. I decided that it was probable that the defaulting can't-step-up-to-the-front-door-won't-step-up-to-the-front-door courier had been mistaken in writing "Mozzjumduckiron", nipped over to the AP in North Gutcactus, and there it was - my parcel of rechargeable Eneloop Pro batteries.

Message 37 of 53
Latest reply

The negative remains, as does the poor review. At least by writing the review the numpty buyer outed themselves. Only left one feedback left for others.....a neg. I reported the review, don't know if they'll take any notice or not.

Message 38 of 53
Latest reply

I can well believe that some posties are a bit on the slack side & maybe don't ring. If I knew that was happening on a reasonably regular basis, I would contact Aust Post and complain. If you do it online, they contact the relevant PO & the postie involved knows there has been a complaint to his superiors. It might help, might not, but worth a try.

But with regards to the carding. My sister works so isn't always home & got a card one day, told her to pick up at a PO about 2 suburbs away, which seemed odd as there is a PO nearby, where carded parcels usually go. But anyway, she headed off one day to pick up from the place mentioned on the card and they didn't have the parcel. They rang around for her & guess where it was! Yep, at her local PO.

Some months later, a similar thing happened only this time an email notification directed her to a different distant suburb. Being more canny, she went to her local PO where they denied having it but she insisted they look & yes it was there. Run around avoided.

But it led her to wonder if the postie who delivered that day had been someone other than the regular person, someone who usually did the other area and had not bothered to change the details on their scanner or whatever?

Message 39 of 53
Latest reply

Most of the time the parcel man delivers the parcels here. However, a few weeks ago, we were both home, both cars in the driveway and I heard the van pull up. I went out the front and waited for him and he walked up and threw the card at the letterbox and drove away. He saw me standing there and didn't even acknowledge I existed. If I hadn't been home, the card would have blown away in the wind. Sadly, I wasn't quick enough to get the rego of the van. I was really pished because I was waiting for that parcel, being medical supplies and I then had to wait until 4pm to go collect it.

Message 40 of 53
Latest reply