Why can buyers blame sellers because Australia Post is slow?

Paid 21/1 Sent 23/1 and it arrived 3 weeks later from SA to Vic

I copped a neutral for slow postage and no communication when I answered their message about the lost books on Feb 5 and never heard back

What gives buyers the right the blame sellers because Australia Post cant do their job correctly

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

OMG! So you were RIGHT THERE and he still just ignored you and tossed the card!

That is disgusting!
Message 41 of 53
Latest reply

A lot of them decide before they even start their runs which parcels they'll attempt delivery for, and which ones they'll leave a card for, fill out the cards, and then drop those off as they go.

I think it sucks too and I hate it when it happens to me (mostly because they usually go to the most inconvenient PO in this area which takes me days to get a chance to pick up from), but I also get why - if their contractors were paid an even remotely decent amount for the work they do, and by that I mean both compensated appropriately for their time, as well as the expense of running  / maintaining their vehicles, and the pressure of delivering high volumes in as quick a time as possible was relieved, they wouldn't need or want to make so many time and money saving shortcuts, at the expense of customer service. 

Message 42 of 53
Latest reply

It's not a huge issue for me as I have three or four Post Offices within a 10-minute drive.

My local postman and the usual couriers are actually fantastic, which is why on the few occasions there's a mysterious carding, I raise one eyebrow in mild Saint-like surprise.

There was also the time that expensive audio equipment was left on the right side of the house behind the gate

Spoiler
- out of sight and not a place I'd usually be checking for anything. I thought the delivery was taking a long time... then the CONNOTE showed delivery (with a signature on delivery DEFINITELY not mine or anyone else's here), and I was starting to be extremely concerned... Before I let myself panic more than mildly, I checked all around the house and found the equipment - cardboard boxed, rained on, but once I got it all inside, it was okay. I could hardly believe that the rain hadn't seeped through. (I'm sure I've told this story before, which is why I've put it in a spoiler.)
Message 43 of 53
Latest reply

I've never heard of such a thing. Or not so blatant. What a cheek.

I hope you complained at the PO when you went to pick up.

I have to say most of our delivery men are reasonable, although I'm not sure many of them have much English. They usually just silently hand me the little phone like thing to sign. 

Our actual postie is always meticulous and sometimes hand delivers things if there are a few letters etc and always has a few cheery things to say.

Message 44 of 53
Latest reply

Some time back I watched as the AusPost driver pull up and just dropped a failed delivery card card in our letter box - no attempt to effect delivery.

Got the card out of my letter box and jumped into my car to find the driver, locating him about 400mt down the road.

Cornered the guy as he was about to get back into his van and showed him my card and said  "I must have the item now".  He obliged and then asked me to sign for the item.

I looked at him blankly, walked back to my car and told him to visit me at home at which time I would then sign for the item. 

Message 45 of 53
Latest reply

I'll bet that he creatively signed "for" you...

Message 46 of 53
Latest reply

You can ask ebay to investigate and REMOVE the feedback. if the postage is an ebay label, the tracking data will PROVE how long AP had the article. Best to do this via email or phone call. The online chat seems to be suspect for resolutions.
And some people are just pratts. They want someone to blame for the delay. They make no effort to ask or check where the fault lies.
100% of my shipping delays are AP's fault. I've had two parcels delayed by more than two weeks!
Fortunately I have not had a customer blame me.
Also I always state that I will post my seller feedback AFTER I have received the customer feedback. That makes MORE chance the buyer won't leave unreasonable feedback. Plus some buyers don't know sellers can't leave negative ratings.

Message 47 of 53
Latest reply

It's unfortunate, I have just revived a bad feedback from a buyer myself after working all year to keep my selling record clear!. Initially he wanted to pickup the item, I said I didn't feel comfortable with that due to the Victorian governments Covid restrictions, any rate it was never advertised for local pickup. He purchased the item anyway and has left bad feedback (my only one for the year) and the item tracking is showing that it has not even arrived at his home yet!. He is a zero feedback buyer, i thought eBay was protecting us from this type of behaviour during the pandemic, outrageous eBay!.
Message 48 of 53
Latest reply

With all due respect not all problems are based on Australia Post. I just had a buyer leave me negative feedback on an item. He wanted to pick it up initially. This Item was never marked for pickup and I informed him that I did not feel comfortable with his request because of the current Victorian Covid restrictions. Also this buyer is from Cranbourne a known current Covid hotspot!. Now this buyer has left me bad feedback, the item was lodged for delivery to him by me at the post office the same afternoon within an hour of him purchasing the product!, in other words I shipped it out fast to help him out!. This buyer has now left me bad feedback and the tracking is showing the buyer has not even received the item yet!. Also I am a power seller and eBay usually makes buyers wait a few days before leaving bad feedback so this guy probably left It days ago. How do you explain that, with all due respect not all issues are due to the post office some of its down to vindictive unreasonable buyers!.

Message 49 of 53
Latest reply

I very much doubt that COVID-19 was an issue when this thread was current.

Message 50 of 53
Latest reply