Why can't I leave negative feedback on a non paying bidder?

Does anyone knows how to leave a negative feedback on a non paying buyer? I tried going to "Leave Feedback" but there's no option to leave negative.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why can't I leave negative feedback on a non paying bidder?

Sellers haven't been able to leave non-positive feedback for years.

Just close the case, which gives them a strike and allows other sellers to automaticaly block them. If they have at least one strike already.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

This is current info. Unlike the option for sellers to be able to leave buyers negative feedback which was removed approx 6 years ago.

Seller protection for unpaid items

When an unpaid item is recorded against a buyer, they're blocked from leaving Feedback for that transaction and we'll remove any negative Feedback they had left already.

Buyers who show a pattern of not paying for items may have their buying privileges limited, or lose them altogether.

You can also choose to block buyers (by user ID) or select buyer requirements. Learn more about managing bidders and buyers.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/seller-protection
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Make sure you remember to close the unpaid item dispute after 4 days, so you get your fees back. Add that buyer to your blocked buyer list. Set up blocks so that buyers with 2 or more unpaid strikes in 12 months can't buy or bid on your items.

If you were able to leave a negative for a buyer, they are just as likely to retaliate and leave a negative for you. Negatives hurt sellers far more than buyers because if you get too many, you can't sell any more. Buyers can have as many as they like and still be able to buy. Better off being able to block them from buying.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Make sure you remember to close the unpaid item dispute after 4 days, so you get your fees back. Add that buyer to your blocked buyer list. Set up blocks so that buyers with 2 or more unpaid strikes in 12 months can't buy or bid on your items.

If you were able to leave a negative for a buyer, they are just as likely to retaliate and leave a negative for you. Negatives hurt sellers far more than buyers because if you get too many, you can't sell any more. Buyers can have as many as they like and still be able to buy. Better off being able to block them from buying.

Negatives hurt sellers far more than buyers because if you get too many, you can't sell any more.

THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE OF EBAYS RULE CHANGE.

NEGATIVES COULD (AND DID) HURT BUYERS

( WHEN EBAY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT MOST SELLERS ARE BUYERS AS WELL.... MEMBERS THAT'S A GOOD WORD....WHEN MEMBERS COULD RECEIVE FEEDBACK FROM OTHER MEMBERS THAT THEY THOUGHT APPROPRIATE TO DECSRIBE THE TRANSACTION)

AS MUCH AS SELLERS IF EBAY LINKED NON PAYMENT STRIKES AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

IE TOO MANY NEGATIVES AND YOU COULD NOT BUY.

OOOOOHHH LOOKS LIKE MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK

6 years on and members still ask.... a sad indication that ebays advertising tautology spin is effective in luiring members

into thinking that ebay is a  fair trading environment..... this bit of spin below tells the tale... the seller who started this thread wants to leave honest comments so that other members have an idea what to expect when they are dealing with the buyer and they are unable to

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/howitworks.html

Why leave Feedback?

Leaving honest comments gives members a good idea of what to expect when dealing with other members.

Leaving Feedback is also a way to express your appreciation for a job well done.

Finally, if you are a buyer, you can help spread the word about a seller you like, and if you are a seller, you can help recognise and reward loyal customers, which encourages them to buy from you again.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/questions/feedback.html

Feedback is made up of comments and ratings left by other eBay members you've bought from and sold to.

These comments and ratings are valuable indicators of your reputation as a buyer ???? or seller on eBay 

Feedback Tips

• Always leave Feedback after a transaction so that other members may benefit from your experience.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

Feedback is the foundation of trust on eBay.

Using eBay feedback in an attempt to extort goods or services from another member undermines the integrity of the

feedback system.

This last link is a sad indication as to the extent that ebay go too to con new sellers into believing that the feedback

system is a place  where everyone can be honest timely and fair to use their exact wording... it is included

in an important help section specifically for new sellers called "closing the deal"

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/close-sale.html

4.Leaving Feedback

• Leaving Feedback after your listing is over is an important part of participating in the eBay

community. This is your chance to let other eBay members know what it was like to do business with your buyer.

• The Feedback system gives everyone an incentive to be honest, timely, and fair. And it helps both buyers and sellers make decisions about who to do business with.

• You can leave Feedback using My eBay, or leave Feedback at eBay's Feedback Forum.

Hmmmm now I wonder why many new sellers wonder why they cannot leave honest feedback and come to the boards and ask???

any ideas anybody??

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

i still say you should be able to leave negative feed back for a buyer because i always look at a buyers feedback & if we were allowed to leave negative i would see that this buyer has mucked another sellar around and i could cancel his bids and block him

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Not much you can do if he bids in the last 30 secs or just clicks BIN.

That's why the strike system works better, and if all sellers set their blocks they are in effect kicked off ebay.

They can't bid or buy for 12 months.

image host
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

A lovely thought: there should be no such thing as a non-paying bidder.

Ebay has the buyer's financial details: bank acct / credit card etc. If the buyer does not pay, Ebay could step up and pay for the item, and then THEY can go and chase the buyer for the money. The seller should NOT be disadvantaged by the buyer breaking a contract.

Sellers have far better things to do than file claims and wait to be able to relist these items. What about value for our fees?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

NPB's and tyre kickers are the bottom dwellers I agree.....

however, the only one that can be hurt by them are the one's who allow it to happen.

Site Map - Bottom of every page -

Read up on buying/selling.

At the very least (if you think you don't need to read the procedures, here is a guideline)

1. Open NPB dispute on day 4 after sale

2. Close dispute 4 days later to issue the buyer a strike and get your fvf refunded.

3. Have your blanket blocks in place.

4. Add buyer to your BBL immediately

5. Re list

Simples

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply