Why can't some people buy from me?

I have nothing set as criteria to prevent anyone yet more and more lately I get potential buyers telling me they can't buy any of my listings.  They get a message saying "Seller does not send to your address".  I've been abused by some but mostly buyers are just frustrated.  Even buyers who have bought before find they no longer can.  I must be losing lots of business, after all, how many people even bother to speak up rather than just move on?  Ebay tell me they need the buyers to contact support so they can recreate the problem.  This is a big ask and although I pass that info on, to my knowledge nobody has to date.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I can only think that you have some block in place that is preventing your buyers from completing the ransaction.

I was able to put an item in my Cart and take the first step in Buy it Now without any problems.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

As Lyndal said you must have some block in play. That is the typical message buyers see when they are blocked.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

maybe some of the unhappy buyers you've had this year?  surely anyone leaving you a neg or neutral has been put on your BBL?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I am having the exact same issue. I have now had 2 buyers contact me saying they couldn't buy the item as they needed phone verification + other errors. I went through my buyer requirements in the site preferences section, plus went through every listing and took all restrictions off. After I had done all of that the buyer tried to purchase again, but the same error came up. I had nearly 100 listings so I ended them and then re listed via sell similiar. Buyer tried again, same thing, so when i went to revise it, I discovered the retrictions were back on,  I ended them all again and started the listings from scratch (took me ages to find the html code). Finally got back to the buyer and she tried again, not only did she get the same error my listing now all had make an offer on them, which I detest. So after I manualy fixed them all again and the buyer was still unsuccessful I rang ebay. They couldn't find an issue with either the buyers account or mine. In a one last ditch effort the buyer asked me if there was anyway I could maker her exempt. So i was looking in the Site Preferences and in the buyer requirements section i found a list of all the buyers who had been rejected. There was 4 pages of them and I was horrified at all those lost sales. Any way I went in an made everyone exempt and now I just keep checking it and hoping if a buyer is rejected they will contact me. Now i have to check every listing to make sure the make an offer is deactivated. Its very frustrating lol.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply