Why does eBay let people that don't complete transactions remain as members? To whose benefit ?

Ever wondered why eBay lets these members stay on line? Because, eventually, eBay make money off them, that's why. They don't give a care for honest sellers, and could care less if you and I get shafted. Then, try and get any of your money back off them once they've taken it. They'll bar you in a second, but the member that caused your difficulties will get away scot-free.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why does eBay let people that don't complete transactions remain as members? To whose benefit ?

Theres no point in trying to be a good seller because the way ebay is set up it makes no difference. As a seller I just go with the flow now and don't really care. I did care when I started selling but all the BS that comes with selling on ebay makes it quite difficult.

Ebay will get people clicking the advertising on the listings even if something doesn't sell. More members, more clicks....

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

How do you get shafted?

You open a NPB case after 4 days, close it 4 days later, get your FVF refunded, get the buyer a strike, block bidders with more than one strike in up to 12 months.

Simple.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Theres no point in trying to be a good seller because the way ebay is set up it makes no difference. As a seller I just go with the flow now and don't really care. I did care when I started selling but all the BS that comes with selling on ebay makes it quite difficult.

Ebay will get people clicking the advertising on the listings even if something doesn't sell. More members, more clicks....

Just curious, Dylan; do you actually buy and sell on eBay or are you simply on a mission to dissuade others from doing so?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I mainly sell. I'm not a mission just how I see it. When I first started selling I found it quite rewarding now I do not. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I too mainly sell and it is nowhere near as rewarding as it used to be.

The reason I joined the forums is to hopefully get enough support for ebay to change their attitude to sellers.

The interesting thing I find here is those who relentlessy defend non paying bidders and think that Ebay do nowrong.

LOL

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply