If a customer made a wrong decision and bought a dress and would like to return. What should I do?

If the customer has made a wrong decision and bought the wrong size and would like to return.  What should I do?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If a customer made a wrong decision and bought a dress and would like to return. What should I do?

If you accept returns and the buyer has met any conditions (such as within a certain time frame, item still in exactly the same condition), then you should take the dress back and honour the terms of your return policy (eg money back, or exchange). 

Generally, only the item price is refunded for change of mind (once you receive it back and can check it's in the same condition etc), and the buyer pays for the return postage. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You must honor the return conditions set out in your listings.

Looking at a few of your listing your return policy appears to be 3 days - money back - buyer pays return post  You have no other conditions required in the ones I looked at. 

If this is the case for the listing for the dress, and the buyer has let you know within 3 days of receiving the goods and sends it back promptly you should honor your own policy.

If you are an Australian business it is against the law not to honor your return policy.

If you are not a business then you can still be reported by the buyer to eBay for seller non-performance.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply