Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetence?

http://i.imgur.com/kOaTW3w.jpg

"We've thoroughly investigated the case and found that the buyer should return the item to you since the item doesn't match the description in your listing."

Yeah, you guys did a great job! Very thorough!

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetenc

I hope you list your paint as not included a stirrer or paint brush Smiley Surprised

Message 41 of 54
Latest reply

Re: Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetenc

its simple paint does not come with a brush or stirrer , but plain motherboards do   lol

have a nice day    at the end of the day ebay agrees also ,and thats all that matters.

ps you dont need a stirrer, you need to just shake your body , and for brushes ever heard of finger painting and rollers 

Message 42 of 54
Latest reply

joethenuts Community Member
7:54 PM
its simple paint does not come with a brush or stirrer , but plain motherboards do
~~~
Eh????
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 43 of 54
Latest reply

oh i forgot to mention motherboards come with a back-plate   sorry bakeandfry , i hope you did not think i meant a brush  lol.

Message 44 of 54
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

Joe, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, including you.  However it is common courtesy to express that opinion once and then let it go.  You seem unable to do that, I'm not sure if you only post when you disagree with the thread topic, it seems like you post in every thread you see. Then you have to push your point of view harder and harder after each post,  which just makes you come across as aggressive, stubborn and attacking.  It is not necessary, I'm sure you are not really like that.  You are like a dog with a bone, please just learn to have your say once and then let it go.

I think that your post is very unfair, and an interpersonal attack on another poster who seems to like to discuss selling stuff on eBay discussion boards.  Discussion often includes debate where people don't agree. 

As is to be expected I suppose, I enjoy the debate that Joes posts stimulate, often quite interesting reading and entertaining too.  IMO far more interesting than the contribution of the same old socks.

Message 45 of 54
Latest reply

If it were me?

I'd just issue the refund and then sell it to your next highest bidder.

Many sellers have reported eBay allowing the buyer to keep the item AND receive a refund, so I'd be thankful that eBay is at least asking the buyer to return it.

If you can, record yourself opening the package (preferably in front of a witness), just in case the buyer returns something other than your motherboard.

I've had listings for "mini" items. These listings contain the word "mini" in the item title and description. The description also contains exact dimensions of the item, and photos for size comparison. Hell, I even put an extra line in the description that says, in bold, "PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LISTING IS FOR A MINI [ITEM]".  I've still had buyers complain about these items being "smaller than expected" when they've received them.

I also sold a baby's dinnerware set once, which contained a cup. On the side of the cup were measurements. The highest one said "300ml". Yet, the buyer insisted that she already had one of these cups at home, and that the one I'd sold her was only 240ml. Even though it said 300ml. Whatever.

The point is, you can't make your buyer read (and more importantly - understand) what's in your listing. It's very frustrating but when you get a numpty, it's best to resolve their issue to the best of your ability, block them, and move on.

Message 46 of 54
Latest reply

Hey people.

Quick update.

http://i.imgur.com/BjBFpeB.jpg

The correct decision has finally been made.

Thanks 🙂

Message 47 of 54
Latest reply

short on explanations or apologies aren't they

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 48 of 54
Latest reply

As a buyer I feel far from favoured over sellers on Ebay. Lately I have bought a number of items from overseas sellers. They are now slowly arriving and boy oh boy am I disappointed. I have received some real rubbish. The items are nothing like in the listings, they are beyond poor quality and don't fit properly. They also have a very strong chemical smell and are not handmade as claimed. And that's the items that have actually arrived. Now to get a refund I will have to pay for return postage which is more than twice the cost of some of the orders. This whole Ebay guarantee - if the order isn't as described you get your money back. No, you pay horrendous amounts for return postage to overseas destinations to get your refund. I am certain some overseas sellers are fully aware that return postage costs prohibit buyers returning items.
Message 49 of 54
Latest reply

I sell clothes. Precise descriptions, measurements given, 3-4+ photos. Description says 3 times check measurements.

Then people don't pay. 5 in the last month. Why can't sellers leave negative feedback for time wasters?

Why doesn't ebay support good sellers?

Message 50 of 54
Latest reply