Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetence?

http://i.imgur.com/kOaTW3w.jpg

"We've thoroughly investigated the case and found that the buyer should return the item to you since the item doesn't match the description in your listing."

Yeah, you guys did a great job! Very thorough!

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetence?

Hey people.

Quick update.

http://i.imgur.com/BjBFpeB.jpg

The correct decision has finally been made.

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 47 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

saarzi
Community Member

Could be a long shot.. but... because its the buyers, not sellers, that make Ebay money...?

😉

Message 2 of 54
Latest reply

I think you may be onto something! 😛
Message 3 of 54
Latest reply

ring ebay and get them to read the darn ad, ask them when are buyers going to be responsible for reading what is clearly written in the listing and even confirmed in a question asking the same.
Message 4 of 54
Latest reply

yes, I wouldn't let this one go....if they want to refund (it seems they can't read either) they can do it with their own funds, not yours.....fgs
Message 5 of 54
Latest reply

to  gtx  , if thats the case how much would ebay make when they agreed with the buyer. mmmmm.

Message 6 of 54
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

to  gtx  , if thats the case how much would ebay make when they agreed with the buyer. mmmmm.

In the bigger picture sellers go where the buyers are, so you play to keep the buyers.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 54
Latest reply

**bleep** you eBay
Message 8 of 54
Latest reply

to hellsell   I understand what you are going thru,but when selling you must give a better discription even though you said it comes with nothing, people dont always read things the same way.

now if it had no cables or software or manual thats fine ,all can be got easily ,but the only other thing that comes with a motherboard is a back-plate ,which is not easy to get , and does not sell by itself normaly. the buyer asumes it comes with a plate ,they go together ,its not an add-on. every motherboard has there own plate, sure it will work fine whithout a plate ,but the plate is there for a purpose,dust mice bugs can get into your computer whithout a plate and so on ,maybe little kids playing with a knife .

if you sell a lock  you would expect it came with keys. i once went to pick up 2 sets of 4 filling cabinets ,the add said very-good-condition with locking  filing cabinets ,when i went to pick them up in my van ,quess what they were locked but no keys.

I looked at the seller and said can you see a problem here , he said oh yes maybe I should of mentioned that in my add.

I once watched judge judy .there was a buyer taking a seller to court beause the sellers add was so perfect ,that the buyer asumed it was for a mobile phone .but it was for a picture of a mobile phone .dam it I missed the ending damm door bell.

Message 9 of 54
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Ive built computers with second hand bits (new and used) before and would not asssume it came with a back plate. Because usually, used boards dont.

I can understand why he assumed there would be one. There are soo many people who fix up their own computers these days and read help articles online or get it new in boxes, so he would be used to the plate being there or being mentioned.

Sounds like he is one of those people who has some knowledge, but not enough. He probably doesnt realise a used / unboxed board not coming with a plate is common, and they arent hard to source for free.
Or maybe he DOES know that and the board didnt fit into his tower or some other piece isnt compatible and hes using it as an excuse.

Did you offer to send him one? I would have just sourced one for him and sent it to him for free before it got to this point. It would have cost you one or two dollars at most for postage.
They are everywhere at my local dump shop. In towers of broken computers on council pick up day. Geek friends would have them lying around.
Better than a defect.
Message 10 of 54
Latest reply