Why does ebay take a percentage from postage?

Why does ebay and Paypal take a percentage from the postage when it has nothing to do with them??

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Why does ebay take a percentage from postage?

I totally agree with you ebay should not be aloud to take fees for postage as it has nothing to do with them .
It is NO more than ebay stealing more money from there sellers double dipping.
Sellers have to pay 3 times:
value fees.
postage fees.
pay pal fees .
It is blood awful !!!
Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

THIS THREAD IS 5 1/2 YEARS OLD.

This subject has been brought up many times.  There is really little point dragging up something ancient to add nothing to it.

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

Actually there is more times:
Insertion fee
card transaction fee
Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

Nothing to do with postage.

Use Paypal to pay your fees and you won't get hit with card fees.

And this thread is STILL five and a half years old.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

"And this thread is STILL five and a half years old."

.. and still relevent .. ebay fees on transportation/dispatch costs is very clearly theft every which way you look at it .. by Australian law and by ethics plus the vibe of the thing so will never pass the pub test if there is actually such a thing as note poor people can not afford beer .. the criminality of this is very clear to the vast majority of people (except ebay and their pals at the criminally complicit/culpable ACCC plus a few extremely hard core bulletin board regulars here who play ebay apoligist and discourage any discussion on the matter) ..

.. clearly ebay have gone to great lengths to get this approved by the ACCC and very few will remember that it is due to a 10% discount on ebay postage labels (which people no longer get on their ebay processed postage labels so we have been bait and switched to this current situation and nobody with the energy left to fight this in the high court) ..

the tax haven based corporate money grubs that do this to the population of Australia will be doing the "happy money dance" on our graves when the time comes .. I could no longer give a stuff as every door and avenue to self enrichment is shut in this country unless you somewhow endear yourselves to the evil thugs that treat our population like farm animals .. this country is now simply about sustained abuse by tax dodging corporations and businesses; a war by the rich and well heeled happy clappers against the poor who by decree are just grist for their machine ..

! .. the ACCC are aiding and abetting criminal racketeers .. clear as day ..

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Because they are greedy scum. 13% on the sale, 10% from the post, why do they take money for postage? Especially when we pay post, we don't get any off the postage and then paypal take their cut. This is the reason I AM OUT. I am closing my ebay and paypal because I don't make any money after ebay and paypal rip me off.

USE FACEBOOK TO SELL!! ITS FREE

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

@michaebezz_0 wrote:

Because they are greedy scum. 13% on the sale, 10% from the post, why do they take money for postage? Especially when we pay post, we don't get any off the postage and then paypal take their cut. This is the reason I AM OUT. I am closing my ebay and paypal because I don't make any money after ebay and paypal rip me off.

USE FACEBOOK TO SELL!! ITS FREE

actually, when you think about it, it is the buyer that pays the postage . . . even when the item is a free postage item as the post cost (should) be built into the price.

Savvy sellers do not lose out on the fee on postage as they include that into their item price.  For Buy-It-Now just up the price to include the fee, for auctions you include a handling fee to cover that fee.

If you canโ€™t afford to include the fee price into your item price then you need to re-jig your business model.

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

i have been out for 7 months  from here and use the site you speak of - sales have never been better and fee free, not to mention not getting scammed by paypal, not to mention a much bigger audience - ebay can't compete with the behemoth that everyone seems to use - their marketplace is getting HUGE

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks for the spiel, Mark!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

i am not mark, mark who?

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply