Why don't we every get any extra free listings anymore?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why don't we every get any extra free listings anymore?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

sigh smiley.gif  Why don't you check the boards instead

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/2282

Starts 15 January.  

Gotta do all ya work for ya.....grumble....mumble

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

And they were after another batch that started on 31/14

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Damn, I missed those ones. Must be because my calendar only runs for 12 months. Smiley LOL
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

OP for some weird reason eBay don't see fit to have an email advice system that works consistently to send out advice promotions to all those sellers that are eligible for free listings.

I rarely get email advice of store promos but regularly get advice for non-store IDs - who knows ?

Checking the boards is the key way I find out about the freebieess in any case, as sometimes when eBay do manage to send email advices it is after the promo has started.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

ditto
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I sometimes get the email, sometimes I don't. One time I got the email late on the Sunday afternoon, which gave me about 8hrs notice before the promotion was finished. Thankfully I already had the link from here.

I wonder if they just punch something into their computer "send to X random members", which might explain why some get the email and others don't. It might also explain why people get them for their buying only account and not their selling account.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I  clicked on the link and then hot accept but they are not showing up at the bottom of my seller page- did it yesterday

i thought they would have been there with the start date by now and inactive under status - i  understand that they arent activated until 15/1- can someone else check and see if they have come thru for them
thanks 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I can confirm the free listings when accepted usually don't show until the start date.

From time to time if there is an eBay glitch they might - but generally no, not visible until the offer starts.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@workm_cass wrote:

I  clicked on the link and then hot accept but they are not showing up at the bottom of my seller page- did it yesterday

i thought they would have been there with the start date by now and inactive under status - i  understand that they arent activated until 15/1- can someone else check and see if they have come thru for them
thanks 

If you check again after midnight AEDT tonight, they will be there then, ready to start using.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply