Why has my traffic and Sales Stopped?

The last 2 weeks have been the worst ever for sales for me. I just checked my traffic report, and at the same time last month I was averaging 10-15 visits per day. All of a sudden traffic has dropped to virtually zero for about 7 days running. I hadnt had even 1 zero day last month.

Dropping prices to less than cost hasnt helped. What is going on? Please help - another week like this and its no longer worth it. Sell off any remaining stock and leave Ebay after 10 years.

๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Why has my traffic and Sales Stopped?

Search method depends what you buying. If its a specific item. Yes lowest price. If its say a dress for an event it's windows shopping till something catches your eye. Not wading through masses of cheap stuff.

Chasing latest fashion still doesn't.Make it visible and you are competing with chain stores and wehere to get stock even cheaper to resell
-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 71 of 78
Latest reply

In reply to Lane Ends earlier reply for me... I often use sell similar rather than relist... hasn't made one iota of difference as far as I can tell. I also often add new auctions in case that makes a difference.

I sold something today on a greatly reduced best offer, the accompanying message was so nice!  & a sale is a sale (as long as the buyer pays) My first sale since the one mentioned earlier. Edited to correct a spelling typo!

Message 72 of 78
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

In reply to Lane Ends earlier reply for me... I often use sell similar rather than relist... hasn't made one iota of difference as far as I can tell. I also often add new auctions in case that makes a difference.

I sold something today on a greatly reduced best offer, the accompanying message was so nice!  & a sale is a sale (as long as the buyer pays) My first sale since the one mentioned earlier. Edited to correct a spelling typo!

PM sent

Message 73 of 78
Latest reply

Why has traffic stopped ? I think some how eBay has opened up eBay which should be a good thing but the massive competition

from China , Hong Kong sellers make it so we just cant compete .

I also complained to Australia post that I can post something to lets say Adelaide from Sydney and Chinese seller could also post something from China to Adelaide in more or less the same time its crazy .

So basically the reason your sales have dropped is because if you look at most categories the first few pages of any category you'll find 90% of sellers are from China , Hong Kong .

Now i'm not upset but if this is going to continue I think ebay will have no or very little small sellers left in Australia making ebay Australia just another site which sells things in Australia but doesn't have sellers which are based in Australia which is properly good for buyers because they get cheap items .

So I guess we either move to China to be able to sell in Australia and do really well there we will pay very little company tax and personal tax we'll get super quick postage delivery and really cheap to boot .

I'm not sure what a anchor page in China , Hong Kong cost but i think Australia is one of the highest cost in the world please someone or even eBay correct me if i'm wrong .

i'd also like to know how many listings are Australian based and China Hong Kong based ? I just see there listing every its a free and beautiful world which is great I dont know the answer but i'm sure this has something to do with sales coming to a halt

cheers

D.

Message 74 of 78
Latest reply

go to most stores in the world and most items are made in china even big name brands ,so no different on the net.mmmmmmmm

lots of sellers on ebay sell things that come from ,you know where [china]

even 1 of my girlfriends was made in china lol

Message 75 of 78
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

go to most stores in the world and most items are made in china even big name brands ,so no different on the net.mmmmmmmm

lots of sellers on ebay sell things that come from ,you know where [china]

even 1 of my girlfriends was made in china lol

and I bet shes a doll...

Message 76 of 78
Latest reply

lol   

we split up ,well i could not understand her and she could not understand my writing, 

everytime she would ask for a cream paint for an order ,and i kept making green paint  color,

Message 77 of 78
Latest reply

@ejewellerygallery wrote:

Why has traffic stopped ? I think some how eBay has opened up eBay which should be a good thing but the massive competition

from China , Hong Kong sellers make it so we just cant compete .

I also complained to Australia post that I can post something to lets say Adelaide from Sydney and Chinese seller could also post something from China to Adelaide in more or less the same time its crazy .

So basically the reason your sales have dropped is because if you look at most categories the first few pages of any category you'll find 90% of sellers are from China , Hong Kong .

Now i'm not upset but if this is going to continue I think ebay will have no or very little small sellers left in Australia making ebay Australia just another site which sells things in Australia but doesn't have sellers which are based in Australia which is properly good for buyers because they get cheap items .

So I guess we either move to China to be able to sell in Australia and do really well there we will pay very little company tax and personal tax we'll get super quick postage delivery and really cheap to boot .

I'm not sure what a anchor page in China , Hong Kong cost but i think Australia is one of the highest cost in the world please someone or even eBay correct me if i'm wrong .

i'd also like to know how many listings are Australian based and China Hong Kong based ? I just see there listing every its a free and beautiful world which is great I dont know the answer but i'm sure this has something to do with sales coming to a halt

cheers

D.

Its not competition ....... its the SPAM from Asia that is appearing and clogging up searches.

Particularly on a mobile phone, where you CANNOT refine search to Australia only. 

If you just want to peruse listings with only a few key words, and no brand name - nightmare on a mobile.

Search spam at the levels it is on eBay turns buyers off this platform - not rocket science - a no brainer

Message 78 of 78
Latest reply