Why has my traffic and Sales Stopped?

The last 2 weeks have been the worst ever for sales for me. I just checked my traffic report, and at the same time last month I was averaging 10-15 visits per day. All of a sudden traffic has dropped to virtually zero for about 7 days running. I hadnt had even 1 zero day last month.

Dropping prices to less than cost hasnt helped. What is going on? Please help - another week like this and its no longer worth it. Sell off any remaining stock and leave Ebay after 10 years.

😞

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Actually for the first time in a long time my sales went up. I gave up quicksales (I had no traffic there) and advertising on gumtree which suprisingly increased my sales on ebay! And we did have a market stall on a sunday which we made a very small profit.

Message 11 of 78
Latest reply

Well I just had one of my regular buyers tell me she couldn't find my items for a few weeks, when I've been listing every. single. week.  So if she couldn't find them - how could anybody else? Seems Ebay's playing with people's listings again!!

Message 12 of 78
Latest reply

Hmmmmmm .... that makes me wonder ..... I have about 6 regulars, and there are always a couple of them with quite a few bids on .... At present, there is not one.   I might do about of chasing up to find out.

Message 13 of 78
Latest reply

@key_mart_au wrote:

The last 2 weeks have been the worst ever for sales for me. I just checked my traffic report, and at the same time last month I was averaging 10-15 visits per day. All of a sudden traffic has dropped to virtually zero for about 7 days running. I hadnt had even 1 zero day last month.

Dropping prices to less than cost hasnt helped. What is going on? Please help - another week like this and its no longer worth it. Sell off any remaining stock and leave Ebay after 10 years.

😞

Last months sales for me were 50% down on my average, then suddenly this month I had a surge at the beginning of the month and have already surpassed last month, still about 40% off my average and should reach my average again. But I certainly agree, very quiet in terms of watchers, views, and enquiries. I honestly feel like the there are weeks that I am on the 'dark side' of the moon?

Message 14 of 78
Latest reply

This is my quietest week since well before Christmas. I'm not worried though as it gives me time to catch up on a few things. I've got 4 items with bids at the moment and someone hit a BIN last night.

All my listings are auctions, with the BIN option. I get a mix of both. Some just hit the BIN button, others are happy to wait for the auction to run its course. I had one buyer a couple of weeks ago hit the BIN button with less than 2 minutes to go on the auction. Not sure what happened there. She was a low feedback buyer, so may have hit the wrong one. She was very excited about getting it, said it was a gift for her sister. She gave me the loveliest feedback, so she must have been happy.

I did sell one thing last week that has been relisting over and over and over for nearly 12 months. Someone bid and I thought yay, I'm finally going to get rid of it! Then someone else bid. Then someone else bid!! I was shocked that it sat there for so long, week in, week out, then suddenly 3 people wanted it. 

Hang in there everyone. Winter is coming and people don't want to venture out when it's cold. I'm sure it will pick up for everyone soon. 

Message 15 of 78
Latest reply

For about a month now sales have been about 30% of last years. It started dropping once they had the 10,000 free listings etc promotions.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 16 of 78
Latest reply

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you check your 'traffic report' ??

Message 17 of 78
Latest reply

I am pleased to see that it's not just me (- not pleased that everyone is having poor sales)..

I average 80-120 sales every month for the last 18months.. This month, past half way, have sold just 10 things.

Very strange, but like I said, if its happening to everyone, at least I know ebay aren't punishing me for something or other!

Message 18 of 78
Latest reply

Traffic report is an option under marketing tools for me.

A couple of sales today but margins are so slim hardly worth it...

Message 19 of 78
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

i tested something out and was not surprised at the result

i had 600 active listings.. around half of them ended and i didnt relist them straight away as i was going away for a week

i did put my shop in holiday mode but not "hide listings"

i sold about the same amount with 300 active listings as i was when i had 600 listings

i have since relisted most of them and am back to about 550 active. Still no increase.. sales about the same

proved that us sellers are definitely "silently throttled" no matter how many we list.. but i digress..

As for the last week.. was decent saleswise until 2 days ago.. almost stopped to a screaming halt

This year is definitely down on last year for me but not by much

Message 20 of 78
Latest reply