Why have Parcel Post Tracking Labels gone up so much, are there any options?

se Parcel Post Tracking Labels, they have doubled in price in 5 weeks, why have they gone up so much? Is it becasue they are busy? Are there any other options for tracked postage?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Why have Parcel Post Tracking Labels gone up so much, are there any options?

Check out AP's "Domestic Letter with Tracking".

We use them occassionally for very small items that are high priced and valuable.

We buy packs of 10, for $29.00. = $2.90 each. Larger quantities are available and probably cheaper the more you buy.

But for $2.90 per letter, you have your postage included, and also tracking.

You are automatically covered up to $100.00 for loss/damage and you can also add some extra cover if wanted.

A little bit of hand work (writing) to do but worth every penny and every bit of time we think.

Perhaps they might work for you?

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

Re: Why have Parcel Post Tracking Labels gone up so much, are there any options?

To the poster.   I raised a topic on auspost site a couple months back re the buying the tracking number esp for this sitution as we too were using padded bags for some of our smaller goods that fitted into the DL pricing.    Even  suggested that AP look at a pre paid padded bag range with the tracking the same as they DL range.    

AT the time the reply from AP was THEY ARE going to be releasing a PADDED BAG DL letter range soon with the tracking for the gap.    Guessing it will be the new year NOW with covid etc...

Atm we are using the DL tracked letters with a padded bag inside them as a get around.   

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

@glenbankloel wrote:

Check out AP's "Domestic Letter with Tracking".

We use them occassionally for very small items that are high priced and valuable.

We buy packs of 10, for $29.00. = $2.90 each. Larger quantities are available and probably cheaper the more you buy.

But for $2.90 per letter, you have your postage included, and also tracking.

You are automatically covered up to $100.00 for loss/damage and you can also add some extra cover if wanted.

A little bit of hand work (writing) to do but worth every penny and every bit of time we think.

Perhaps they might work for you?

Depends which post office you go to as some staff will insist these envelopes are only for paper letters, no items, even though that's not in the T&Cs.

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

The Australia Post small domestic letter with tracking (about DL size) has a maximum thickness of 5mm - so I don't see how you can get a padded bag and the item in it.

And this is probably why the PO staff are putting their foot down?

The large Australia Post domestic letter with tracking (about A4 size) has a maximum thickness of 20mm, but of course it costs about $5.50

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

The Australia Post small domestic letter with tracking (about DL size) has a maximum thickness of 5mm - so I don't see how you can get a padded bag and the item in it.

And this is probably why the PO staff are putting their foot down?

The large Australia Post domestic letter with tracking (about A4 size) has a maximum thickness of 20mm, but of course it costs about $5.50

there are 3 sizes you are aware of that??   the small is 5mm limited (DL)  med and large are 2 cm limited the (C4 and C5)

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

You're right - I did forget the medium one.     I was disappointed to be told they are only paper, not the cardboard mailers like the Large.   And costs $4.70

But a poster  ^^^ was talking about the DL size at $2.90, and I still don't think you could get a padded bag inside.

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

Thanks for all the replies.
The items I post are very small, even the DL envelope will be too big. With a 0.5mm thickness limit it doesn’t really suit.
The bigger ones definitely too big.
A padded bag solution will be great but will be interesting to see how much they charge for that.
Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

Though I don't use these anymore, I was told they are "purchased from the post office" buy these sellers and "the post office are price gouging" as these are free I think most of these sellers are working together as the demands higher. You can request them if your AP business account meets the turnover. Idk something fishy going on with these sellers.
Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

AP stopped making them a while ago. 

This is the choice every seller whose items can go as letters needs to make - cheap, untracked postage + (probably) higher sales but (potentially) more complaints and refunds; or more expensive postage with tracking + (potentially) fewer sales and (hopefully) fewer complaints and refunds.

Risk vs reward, which option will provide the most benefit overall. 

I dont think thats the case.

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

it is my understanding they will only refund buyers if the seller has not responed or it can't be resolved.

if resolution has been met between the buyer and seller the case wont be automatically closed .

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply