Why have Parcel Post Tracking Labels gone up so much, are there any options?

se Parcel Post Tracking Labels, they have doubled in price in 5 weeks, why have they gone up so much? Is it becasue they are busy? Are there any other options for tracked postage?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Thanks for the tip off, that is very interesting to hear.

Padded bags with tracking would work for us too, and be very helpful.

But like you say probably be released next year, AP has enough on it's plate atm I think.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

CAN see how a dodgy seller could have a feild day with this EBAY covering the lost item.    So the seller keeps that sale profits.   Then cough cough you can work out the rest where a seller could walk away even further in front.. UNLESS ebay are going TO take control of the tracking number as a term of the above to recoup their costs.

I would assume that the package can't have a "delivered" status in order for the buyer to be refunded - it has to have at least one tracking event (that is, it can't just be initiated, tracking has to show it was lodged with a carrier), but I don't think eBay is generous enough to refund any buyer who claims not received, even if tracking indicates otherwise. 

@tdaks - eBay have never provided seller protection for anything, unless the package had a "delivered" status, in those cases the buyer wasn't eligible for a refund, so it's not protection in the traditional sense, where both parties come away even. If you send a package and it never shows "delivered", a buyer will win an INR dispute under current policies, and you'll lose the money. From October 1st, the buyer will still win, it just won't cost the seller. I don't mind this part, I think it's a decent move from ebay, I do however mind the auto-refund after 3 days. I've had a couple of INR request opened recently, and with each one, after I explained what's been happening with AP, the buyers were prepared to wait an extra week, closing the cases themselves when the package inevitably arrived. 

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@danieh_6 wrote:

I dont think thats the case.

I was told they were discontinued after the widspread abuse of them - not just from people slapping them on letters, but that whole fake satchel thing.

They devised an entirely new range of packaging etc to combat these problems, and (allegedly) made those stickers no longer have a use - but I don't have firsthand knowledge so I wouldn't bet my house on it. If I owned one. Smiley LOL

Express post tracking labels was "discontiuned"  probably due to the fake satchels and abuse of it. But yet even after the rebrand of express post letters and changing of size types, its still being used on them in 2020.

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@acermacca wrote:

it is my understanding they will only refund buyers if the seller has not responed or it can't be resolved.

if resolution has been met between the buyer and seller the case wont be automatically closed .

New rules in effect October 1st:

From 1 October 2020 until at least January 2021 

• If you use a tracked postage service, reliably upload valid tracking and use an eBay-integrated carrier for your eBay orders:
    • Your listings will be eligible for shorter Estimated Delivery Dates which will improve listing conversion
    • After the item has been sent, if there is at least one valid tracking event, weโ€™ll protect you by:
      • Resolving any โ€˜Item not receivedโ€™ requests 
      • Weโ€™ll absorb the cost of the refund without a defect on your account
  • If you use an untracked postage service (e.g. Untracked Australia Post Domestic Letter):
    • Your listings may show longer Estimated Delivery Dates to manage buyer expectations 
    • Your listings may be placed lower in search results
    • If a buyer opens an โ€˜Item not receivedโ€™ request, we will close any unresolved requests and refund them 3 business days after the request is opened

Source/link?

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

Spring seller release?

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

is this emailed? I havent got it yet. I saw the one on the seller centre about SNAD requests
Message 36 of 37
Latest reply