Why have Parcel Post Tracking Labels gone up so much, are there any options?

se Parcel Post Tracking Labels, they have doubled in price in 5 weeks, why have they gone up so much? Is it becasue they are busy? Are there any other options for tracked postage?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Why have Parcel Post Tracking Labels gone up so much, are there any options?

If the buyer escalates it even admitting the have received it but tracking shows no delivery scan the seller will lose.
Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

Re: Why have Parcel Post Tracking Labels gone up so much, are there any options?

that is not correct if the buyer confirms he has received the item ebay will not refund them tracking or no tracking .

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

lol, right now maybe yes, because buyers need to contact customer service to escalate to cases but realize not all cases are manually reviewed?? If a buyer says in a message I got the item but you have no tracking and the buyer escalates it when in the early hours of the morning you will lose. Yes ofcoarse you can appeal and win but not my point

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:
Though I don't use these anymore, I was told they are "purchased from the post office" buy these sellers and "the post office are price gouging" as these are free I think most of these sellers are working together as the demands higher. You can request them if your AP business account meets the turnover. Idk something fishy going on with these sellers.

You're correct, these labels are free to online retailers who have an Australia Post account, then these same retailers list them on eBay and sell them to people like us and make pure profit. Auspost knows this is going on, but are powerless to do anything about it. With the new domestic letter system they have rolled out, these boxes of labels are no longer in production, hence the current high prices.

To the author of this thread, these are not meant for $2.20 envelopes, but for $8.95 parcel post packages. I'm surprised they haven't been redirected back to you 

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

@acermacca wrote:

it is my understanding they will only refund buyers if the seller has not responed or it can't be resolved.

if resolution has been met between the buyer and seller the case wont be automatically closed .

New rules in effect October 1st:

From 1 October 2020 until at least January 2021 

• If you use a tracked postage service, reliably upload valid tracking and use an eBay-integrated carrier for your eBay orders:
    • Your listings will be eligible for shorter Estimated Delivery Dates which will improve listing conversion
    • After the item has been sent, if there is at least one valid tracking event, we’ll protect you by:
      • Resolving any ‘Item not received’ requests 
      • We’ll absorb the cost of the refund without a defect on your account
  • If you use an untracked postage service (e.g. Untracked Australia Post Domestic Letter):
    • Your listings may show longer Estimated Delivery Dates to manage buyer expectations 
    • Your listings may be placed lower in search results
    • If a buyer opens an ‘Item not received’ request, we will close any unresolved requests and refund them 3 business days after the request is opened
Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:

I dont think thats the case.

I was told they were discontinued after the widspread abuse of them - not just from people slapping them on letters, but that whole fake satchel thing.

They devised an entirely new range of packaging etc to combat these problems, and (allegedly) made those stickers no longer have a use - but I don't have firsthand knowledge so I wouldn't bet my house on it. If I owned one. Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

hmmm can see this getting changed fast

"

From 1 October 2020 until at least January 2021 

• If you use a tracked postage service, reliably upload valid tracking and use an eBay-integrated carrier for your eBay orders:
    • Your listings will be eligible for shorter Estimated Delivery Dates which will improve listing conversion
    • After the item has been sent, if there is at least one valid tracking event, we’ll protect you by:
      • Resolving any ‘Item not received’ requests 

We’ll absorb the cost of the refund without a defect on your account"

CAN see how a dodgy seller could have a feild day with this EBAY covering the lost item.    So the seller keeps that sale profits.   Then cough cough you can work out the rest where a seller could walk away even further in front.. UNLESS ebay are going TO take control of the tracking number as a term of the above to recoup their costs.

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am quite sure that nothing has changed regarding the requirement

for 'proof of sending ( to the address on the transaction record )'.

Not sure if any seller ever won an INR dispute because they just

slapped a tracking label on an item ( unless Registered Post ).

Not sure how this one will happen

'Your listings will be eligible for shorter Estimated Delivery Dates which will improve listing conversion'

Does it depend on your postage selection when listing ? 

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I am quite sure that nothing has changed regarding the requirement

for 'proof of sending ( to the address on the transaction record )'.

Not sure if any seller ever won an INR dispute because they just

slapped a tracking label on an item.

if you read the above on change of terms EBAY now going to cover the lost item that the change from today where ya not covered  and from the 1st oct as long as there a tracking number they will cover it....    In the past you had to fight with AP for the lost pacel cost or paypal to cover the costs via seller protection if there was a tracking number or simplly write it off

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you used an ebay label for posting you were always

covered against INR's anyway. Nothing new.

What they do to compensate a buyer is their business.

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply