Why is E Bay, Taking Fees for Postage as Well as Sales ???? NOT FAIR E BAY. ??????

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Why is E Bay, Taking Fees for Postage as Well as Sales ???? NOT FAIR E BAY. ??????

" Now that the Australian postage fee policy has been updated so it is the same as the US fee structure they are complaining again!"

It is not the same though if you post intl as well as domestic. For the US - an intl sale the FVF is charged on the domestic option. If the domestic option is free post, no FVF on inernational post for that item.
Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Re: Why is E Bay, Taking Fees for Postage as Well as Sales ???? NOT FAIR E BAY. ??????

yep.

eBay are providing a platform for trading partners to meet and negotiate contracts of sale. That is the service that eBay provide.

If you want to use that service, they will be charging a fee based on the total value of the terms of that contract. The actual terms of the contract in this instance, are irrelevant.

What they are doing/intend to do is neither covert or dishonest, It is public knowledge, eBay have been very transparent in their intention to introduce this new structure, and it is legal.

We may not like it, but that does not make it dishonest.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

we do not want fee on domestic only, that is eBay PLAN B, we certainly do not want it on international, we just DO NOT WANT IT.

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

A hotel offer a service against a fee, eBay DO NOT OFFER A SERVICE, they offer, yes, a 'platform' very different and most importantly, very virtual what they offer, ebay...

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

Since WHEN has eBay been in the 'service' industry???

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

since they launched the platform that we know today as ebay.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

Ebay has one function, and one function only and that is to make money for their shareholders. 

How many times have we seen the comment that sellers will leave ebay in droves as they will not stand for whatever change has been made but guess what, it is still hear and numbers are increasing and no doubt will continue to do so.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

har enough to compete with stuff from UK etc... when there post to Aust is subsidized by Aus Post. by the extortion postage rates we pay here to send things locally. And as we buy even more things from overseas, they argue we have to pay more for our domestic postage rates to factor that in. Now we will pay a fee on our already high postage costs. I was trying to work out recently which way to go selling here before I step online up for my quiet Winter period in the B&M, turns out the non store and most store options listing fees, FVF, paypal, postage fee all work out to around to a total of 25%. ie: if I was to list 4000 items - media, and sold $1000, i pay around $250 in total fees. Can anyone tell me if I have worked this out incorrectly?

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

We operate two ebay stores.

I have been collecting detailed income/expenses for tax purposes since July 1st, 2013.

Up until this point the total for eBay and Paypal fees across both stores is running at just under 16% of total sales.

Postage and packaging is running at just under 12%

After all expenses are taken into account we will be lucky if we walk away with 20% profit.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

Why do you think ebay introduced higher best match ranking for free post listings. I guess not as many sellers took it up as they thought. I think ebay are also removing the DSR for postage cost. Now that there will be a fee on it they obviousely don't care what sellers put the postage cost as, and it does not matter what buyers think of a sellers postage costs.

It would seem reasonable for sellers to increase the cost of post by the extra percent collected by ebay anyway, although i dont think they should be charging a fee on something that is not provided by them or something that is not used through their system. They are actually charging a percentage on my packaging and handling costs which I believe should definately not have been approved by whoever does the approving.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply