Why is Ebay charging me a postage fee on items that are collected?

I think it VERY unfair of Ebay to be charging a post fee on items that are bought by locals and collected in person

and dont end up being posted.

Surely the fee should not be charged BEFORE the item has been marked as POSTED?

Lately I have had a number of my items collected & I have been charged this fee....how do I get a refund from Ebay?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Why is Ebay charging me a postage fee on items that are collected?

it's true but mostly these sales are related to Chinese big corporation what still can afford to push the adds here most of them regarding new policy left ebay and selling on another page what do not support paypal just the credit/debit card transfer prices are cheaper it's operated by Chinese with full support and protection to buyers. You are able to find there so many things what you do not find here.

For example i had on watch floor mats for my VW CC 2012 i found the same seller on gooogle and bought the item dirrectly at his shop instead of on ebay. Supporting Australian sellers as well but not on this platform anymore.

1 week ago i got warning that selling stuff to use money to support small animals it's against the rules. Like a seller i do not speak about how ebay is not able to handle any of problems. I said good bye and asked for to close the account  but ebay never replied as you see my account is still active and ebay offer me that i can buy items here, rather not after disgusting experiences with this system i made the research where i can buy the items i had on watch and buying them dirrectly from the sellers. It will save money to seller's because they do not pay eBay fees.

Same with selling local pickup via other sites or shipping regarding qoute from freight company discount 9.9% on all items and 11.75% if someone comes to pick up the item and pay cash. What saves money to buyer and less trobles for seller to fixing problem with some problematic buyers or  people what try to scam this system.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

If you don't want to use Ebay any more, you don't have to wait to close your account, you just close the eBay page down and not open it again. It's as simple as that. Too easy.

I don't know why you haven't done that already, you are clearly very upset with them. While none of us like paying the fees, there are a lot of us that are still happy to sell on here. No-one is forcing anyone to buy or sell on eBay, it's an individual choice.

Up in the top right corner is an X, click on it. Then you won't have to worry about eBay or their fees ever again.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I did it but nothing happens i have this account from 2005 and all what i received is the ebay they offered me to buy items here but not interested. I called the ebay to close my account i tried live chat to close the account and delete my personal data and nothing... It's not about the the fees its about paying fees for **bleep**y product where you do not have any support or seller protection and very low views. As

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

As I said, you don't have to close your account, just don't open any eBay pages, including this one and the problem will be solved. No more eBay. If you don't open any pages, you can't buy or sell.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

lindaechidna, you still have active listings.  Ebay will not close a seller's account until 6 months after your last transaction.

If you want to close your account you need to end all your listings and notify ebay that you want to close your account.  After 6 months of no selling you will find it has been closed.

If you are serious about closing your account you have to follow the rules....stop selling NOW or ebay will not close your account in 6 months time.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Lyndal, I've given you a kudo simply for having the patience to understand what the bloody hell lindaechidna is going on about. Me? I gave up several messages ago as I'm clearly nowhere near as tolerant as you are.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Lyndal, don't know about it .Last item i sold i received the feedback maybe 1 hour ago sale date 26/08/2014.. I bought maybe 15 items last it was 26 of august that means maybe i will get it until 26 of september some of them are from China but I do not any active listing at the time after i got upset after call with ebay CS i decide to buying and selling elsewere. Anyway thanks for information that means this account will be active next 6 months until it will be closed. Do not understand why i took so long time but i have suspect they are trying to do loose good buyers and lost their fees.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

lindaechidna, you do not understand.....ebay will not close your account till 6 months after your last transaction.  While your account is active the 6 months will keep getting further away.  You must stop all listing, selling and buying before the 6 months starts to count down.

There is a very good reason for this....it allows time for any disputes that may arise from transactions to be finalised.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Lyndal i do understand but now i do not have any listings active. The last transaction was successfull. That means like a seller there is nothing to do. Like a buyer i bought items in total value of $100 for 15 items awaiting the items next few weeks. Last item i bought and sold was 26 of August there are not any opened cases and all Seller transaction has been finalized.  That means 6 months are counted from 26.8.2014 related to last transactions. I should send them the request to block buying and seling until my account will be fully closed here.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@lindaechidna wrote:

Lyndal i do understand but now i do not have any listings active. The last transaction was successfull. That means like a seller there is nothing to do. Like a buyer i bought items in total value of $100 for 15 items awaiting the items next few weeks. Last item i bought and sold was 26 of August there are not any opened cases and all Seller transaction has been finalized.  That means 6 months are counted from 26.8.2014 related to last transactions. I should send them the request to block buying and seling until my account will be fully closed here.

Ebay can't block you from buying and selling when you are determined to continue. As you have been previously advised, multiple times, close the ebay page and don't open it again-ever.You are choosing to be here, no one is forcing you.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply