Why is ebay ending my listings???

I understand the duplicate listing policy, but I had several pairs of earrings, all completely different colours and just realised they were cancelled by ebay, I was not even notified by ebay. I also had some hoops in different sizes (same style, just different sizes) they were also ended without notification.

Am I violating ebay's terms? Because I didn't think I did anything wrong!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes you are violating ebay's policy unless you have been given permision to resell Swarovski which I doubt you have then

you might as well close all your listings with Swarovski in them as they will all be closed eventually.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

As Dida said, yes, you are violating policy. Here is a link for your perusal http://vero.ebay.com/vero/swarovski_ip You can't mention the brand with getting permission from them, even if the crystals are genuine.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

At those prices I doubt very much if they are genuine Swarovski and unless you purchased them direct from Swarovski or retail from an authorised reseller you cannot prove they are authentic. Swarovski will not only ask ebay to end the listings they will likely prosecute you if you continue to list.

Although Swarovski has become a common word used to describe these types of stones it is still copyrighted and you cannot use the name if they are not genuine.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

They were from an authorised reseller. And I try to keep my prices as low as possible, but It really doesn't cost THAT much whan buying them wholesale. 

BTW, the listings that were taken down weren't from this user id and none of them had the word 'swarovski' anywhere in the listings..

They were made from glass beads or czech crystals and the hoops were plain silver...

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sounds like it was the duplicate listings policy then. Is the multi varient option available for any of them? If so that could be why. There has to be at least 2 major differences between listings for them not to count as duplicates.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Just to clarify the issue with Swarovski - you don't need permission from Swarovski to use the Swarovski name when selling an item that wasn't made by Swarovski but includes Swarovski crystal elements. (They sell their beads, rhinestones, pendants and various other items, as loose components precisely so people can make things with them, and sell them if they wish).

The one thing you can't do is give the impression the whole product is made by Swarovski. For example, if I make a pair of earrings that has Swarovski crystals on them, I can list them as Sterling Silver Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Elements, but I would be in trouble if I listed them as Swarovski Crystal Sterling Silver Earrings. 

With duplicate listings, it is better to use the variation format most of the time, but if you have items with obvious differences, you can list them separately as long as the differences are clear. That means different titles, different images, and - usually - different prices. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply