Why is ebay protecting theives

Why is Ebay protecting crooked sellers.

Ebay and its officials are carring out fraud activities by protecting a seller and not forcing them to refund my money.

Even after Ebay admitted the seller has received the item back.

Thanks to Ebay I have paid for  goods receiving nothing  after Ebay asked me to send the item back and changed the criteria for the return. I HAVE NOTHING>

The whole episoide amounts to FRAUD by EBAY, Its staff and the seller involved.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What do you mean they changed the criteria for the return?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Maybe if you gave some details instead of just posting and not coming back

People here could maybe help and sort it out

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/why-is-Ebay-actively-involved-in-stealing/m-p/2007987

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

deep-sigh-smiley-emoticon.gifSIGH

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Obviously another member who wants validation/revenge rather than remedies. Especially given that eBay are far weighted in favour of buyers.

Except that revenge won't work on the boards. I'm sure we will all miss the OP when they no longer buiy here. or is that sell, given the board they've posted on... again

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

My heart is breaking at the prospect of them not buying/selling again.  Whatever will we do? It could be the end of eBay.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

"Why is ebay protecting theives"

Because they're busy concentrating on thieves?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Dave, follow Stawk's link. 

Tho OP has very good reason for being unhappy.  Now that he has given some more information it seems that he really has been let down by ebay.

At least we can now offer some constructive help.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

There is a serious flaw in eBay's return policy that seems to default to the buyer simply returning the item when there is a problem. As a seller, I was contacted by a buyer due to their purchase being damaged on delivery. Silly old me sent them a replacement instead of them returning it (more costly if they return) but now Australia Post won't credit me for the damage. Australia Post expect the buyer/receiver to fill out a form and present the damaged item for the buyer to get compensation. Honestly, what buyer is going to do this if eBay's default response is to always have it returned? Where does the seller get any compensation in this scenerio? No option for restocking fee in this case. So the seller is totally disadvantaged, damage created by others, no sale and fees already paid along the high-fee transaction web. Maybe this is how this buyer has been disadvantaged because eBay's default policy fails to act appropriately for the seller which in turn creates unacceptable consequences for the buyer.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply