Why is it buyers can leave NEGATIVE feedback but sellars can only leave POSITIVE,

I Have had buyers refuse to pay for items , ive had people be nasty when picking up items , ive had people leave it for weeks to pick up or pay after clearly stateing must be picked up within 3 days of auctions end , I recently sold a car but person refused to contact or answer emails and texts admitidly Ebay looked after me and canceled the transaction but the person that done  this still deals on Ebay not only has done it to me i know he has also done it to member recently on  another car. Yet the only way we can comment on his feed back is with a POAITIVE feedback , We nead to be able to leave NEGATIVE feedback for these people to warn other sellars, as the saying goes whats good for the goose is good for the gander !

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Why is it buyers can leave NEGATIVE feedback but sellars can only leave POSITIVE,

Why do you need to warn? If the buyers are abusive then report it to eBay and let them take care of it, you can always say it in their feedback even though its a positive.. but at least those who read will know..

At the end of the day, i think this is the best eBay can do for us that is like a win/win situation which is create a better place for customers to come in and we are still able to report them...

Having sellers leaving negative feedback becomes an abusive war on both sides and tbh it doesn't look good for eBay because it does happen alot..

just accept that eBay prefers to create a better experience for buyers... (not sellers)...

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Re: Why is it buyers can leave NEGATIVE feedback but sellars can only leave POSITIVE,

If ebay are focusing on the buyer experience atm, isn't that a good thing?

I see a lot of threads around saying "sales are slow". They're only going to stop if we get more buyers.

Sophie, I like your perspective on that, I had never looked at it that way.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Why do I need to warn sophie3stephen???   Because buyers turned up at my front door un-announced and were extremely abusive.  The first instance, I was not home and I then got abusive call.  The second time, I was home but by the time I got to the front door, buyer was smashing hard on door and swearing at me. Ebay weren't interested in doing anything and I was advised to contact Police.  Not likely when they lived a few minutes away.  I ended up leaving item on doorstep for buyers to collect so I didn't have to meet them and I no longer offer pick-up.  Of course other sellers should be warned about these buyers...wouldn't you want to know of you were selling these people items and offering pick-up?!

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

There is like never any eBay is doing good threads anyways.

Alot of people are happy with apps on iTunes I make but they never rate my app and only the **bleep** off ones always come to complain..

Its until I added a little code that asks users to rate my app where I can get generally positive reviews.

So yes, when sales are slow.. we enable our human instinct and look for an excuse to make us feel better .. its always been like that.. we are always trying to justify ourselves

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

So it's MY fault that I had some abusive buyers and ebay not willing to do anything about letting other sellers know what they are like.  Silly old me !!!!

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

ltd2go
Community Member

I don't understand why you do not have the option to give buyers neg feedback.

A particular ebayer can have have 100% rating and yet be a poor buyer. Very decieving for those that have worked hard as a buyer and seller.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Non paying buyer feedback and buyer strikes should be linked.

Upon a strike being issued ebay should put an unemotive $$$ NON PAYING BIDDER feedback on the buyers account.

The blockers could block the lookers could look.

It would also train sellers to issue strikes....so that rather than leave false positives (as many do now) they would be more

likely to "follow the leader" and complete the NPB process.

The sellers and buyers (ie members) that were involved in slinging matches way back when stood out like the dog's

proverbials and I could steer away from both of them by either manually blocking them or because their buyer id was

caught in the NPB filters...

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

And Ebay has the hide to say this - "These member-to-member ratings and comments help the millions of buyers and sellers in the Community build trust."

and this - "Make your complaints in the open."

I could go on.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

@foxercase wrote:

There is like never any eBay is doing good threads anyways.

Beg to differ.

Many posters start threads to advise others of seller and buyer friendly ebay changes, for example free listings and another I recall was the introduction of the eBay satchels that was very well received and appreciated by many, with many giving explicit thanks to ebay on those threads.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

@ltd2go wrote:

I don't understand why you do not have the option to give buyers neg feedback.

A particular ebayer can have have 100% rating and yet be a poor buyer. Very decieving for those that have worked hard as a buyer and seller.

Because when sellers were able to give negs to buyers, many of them used it as a retaliatory tool against buyers that left them a well deserved neg.

So, in effect, some of the sellers abused the system and thus eBay removed the option for all sellers. 

Read up on any of the 100's of posts on this subject in the last 5 years for more information.......... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 28
Latest reply