Why is my buyer having trouble making a combined payment for more than one item

I have a buyer who wants to purchase more than one of my listed items. She says she is being forced to pay separately with no allowance to combine the purchases. I've had this happen a couple of times recently and I've made a refund through paypal but this lady wants to do a bank transfer which would prove messy for a partial refund. Can I change anything on my listing that will allow her to combine the purchases? I'm not sure why she isn't being given the request total option. Thanks, Kate

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Why is my buyer having trouble making a combined payment for more than one item

No, I did check and I haven't selected "immediate payment".  I wish the answer was so easy! 😞

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Why is my buyer having trouble making a combined payment for more than one item

Thanks for that link. I read through it all and it seems to be a common problem and the most probable solution is to do a new listing. Oh dear. I would have thought ebay would make combining purchases an easy process. It seems a basic requirement to me.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Why dont you tell the customer to commit to items without payment, then send invoice/ ask for invoice?
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

If they are using the app, they can only pay separately.

Anecdotally, even using the full site a lot of buyers are unable to commit without paying. Depends on the time/day/which way the wind is blowing, and has nothing to do with formally requiring immediate payment.

It's a pain and probably has something to do with eBay trying to maximise fees with all the multiple postages, knowing that the majority of sellers won't ring them to get a fee credit on any refund.

I refund less the extra fees. If buyers contact me wanting multiples, I will set up a listing for them, otherwise they end up being the ones bolstering eBay's bottom line.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@smooth-moveswrote:

No, I did check and I haven't selected "immediate payment".  I wish the answer was so easy! 😞

EBay is in the process of forcing all sellers into immediate payment, regardless of what their settings say. I have never ticked the box for immediate payment, but have found the last 6 months, buyers are forced to pay immediately, which then means I have to refund the excess postage for multiple purchases. Most people can't be bothered contacting ebay to get a refund of the fees, so they are making a motza out of it!

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

The link to request total from seller is at the top, not the bottom. It's at the top right of the items. It doesn't always show though.
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I used the cart last week. 

Request total was waaay down the bottom. 

Could've missed it, if I had stopped scrolling.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

That's interesting because I used the cart last week and it was up the top. No wonder people are having problems finding it!

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I just posted about this on another thread.  I think the Commit to Buy button availability depends on whether you are buying from a store or not.  It seems pretty consistent pattern which I've tested with a few differnt accounts.  Stores stil have the Commit to Buy option (unless they have selected Immediate Payment), while non-stores do not.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply