Why is there no defamatory feedback policy or removal process on Ebay Australia?

As per the question above.

The overseas based customer service centre is useless & will not remove defamatory feedback - they claim they cannot while a case is open & then up to their discretion whether to remove it later. Every day they fail to remove that feedback it is potentially having an affect on my sales, metrics & reputation. 

Is my only solution legal representation?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why is there no defamatory feedback policy or removal process on Ebay Australia?

Ebay won't remove that feedback as it doesn't violate their policy. I'm not sure why you would spend literally thousands on legal representation, when the outcome is going to be the same.  Your first negative clearly didn't affect your sales, what makes you think this one will?

Most buyers don't even look at feedback. If they did, then the Chinese would be out of business real quick. Especially given they can rack up 100's and thousands a year, and people continue to buy from them.

I'd be more concerned about your reply to the feedback, than the actual comment itself.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Wait until the case is resolved.

If the case is settled in your favour and  the FB is not automaticly removed contact CS,  as you can then request  any FB  ,+ or -, be removed.

If the case is settled in Buyers Favour,  contact  CS  and request the -FB  be removed  as you consider it to be defamatory, as stated it will be at CS discretion, you may have to double down and request a supervisor, but due to the word fraud, without any proof of fraud, then it should be removed.

Just a hint,  when referring to FB,  CS do not like the word  defamatory and will likely support you.  But whatever you do be polite and do not threaten legal action as they hate that even more and are more likely to double down against you.   Also Note  you are better of waiting for the case to close and then hopefully being able to deal with the FB issue  via CS AU.   

I dont wish the International resolution Centre on anyone,  from experience they are an absolute PITA   and can be very  vindictive.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply