Why my listings was removed and suggested to relist to a wrong categoty?

I sell some sterling silver jewellery(necklace / earrings ) with swarovski crystals.

I originally listed them in FINE JEWELLERY gategoty.

On 4th of Jul, those listings were removed by eBay without any notice / alerts... I was told I am not eligible to list my items in FINE JEWELLERY as SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL is not natural, the correct category should be FASHION JEWELLERY.

Ok I relisted my listings again and put them in FASHION JEWELLEY, but yesterday my listings were REMOVED again without any notice / alets.... this time I was told I am not eligible to list my items in FASHION JEWELLERY as sterling silver items should be list in FINE JEWELLERY.

Well, I tried, but this time I can't even sumit listings in FINE JEWELLERY. Red cautions appear at last step indicate, YOU CAN'T SUMIT YOUR ITEM IN FINE JEWELLERY CATEGORY, it's intended only for items composed naturally stones and solid metals. PLEASE LIST YOUR ITEM IN FASHION JEWELLERY CATEGORY.

All right I don't know how to do now. I'm not new on eBay, I started my business in 2006 but now I'm really disappointed. I have contacted CS centre yesterday but they just said they don't know. Well, some of my listing is on EBAY DEAL, some of them are my top sellers in store, some of them has more than 1000 watchers and more than 1000 sold history.

Really no comment. I understand mistake could happen, but remove my listings twice and providing totally misleading information, so rude and short of manner.  Really sad.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why my listings was removed and suggested to relist to a wrong categoty?

I would ring Customer Support  again and ask to speak to a Supervisor and see if they can put you on the right track. If you haven't already  🙂 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

They certainly shouldn't be in fine jewellery, you have a few things in fine that shouldn't be there.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Yes I know they shouldn't be in fine jewellery, but my listings were removed from FASHION JEWELLERY and was told to relist in FINE....

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you very much yesterday I did ring several times and they just transfer my phone here and there, everyone said it's not their responsibility, finally a lady said listing team should in charge of these but they don't answer outside phone calls!!!

@horizon1907 wrote:

I would ring Customer Support  again and ask to speak to a Supervisor and see if they can put you on the right track. If you haven't already  🙂 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

It's very puzzling that there are litterally 1000's of Swarovski Crystal Jewellery listed in Fashion Jewellery. 😞  Keep ringing and try to get an answer. Or get them to call you. 🙂 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah it's a tough one and I think there really should be another category that bridges the gap between fine and fashion. To me fine is expensive metal with precious stones . fashion to me is cheap mass produced inexpensive metals.
The third category should be for a bit upmarket like sterling silver with semi precious stones.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you. Very good suggestion, hopefully they could consider.... in the future....

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Yeah it's a tough one and I think there really should be another category that bridges the gap between fine and fashion. To me fine is expensive metal with precious stones . fashion to me is cheap mass produced inexpensive metals.
The third category should be for a bit upmarket like sterling silver with semi precious stones.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Rang customer service again and request talk directly with supervisor, was told supervisor is busy, will ring me when he is free, it has been 4 hours still no response. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply