Why would a SENT item suddenly appear UNSENT 6 weeks later?

This evening I discovered an old order from mid-Oct suddenly reappeared on my Awaiting Shipment page (which I clear every day, so I know it's only just reappeared), and is marked Not Sent. I remember the order and I know I sent it, and the buyer hasn't told me otherwise in 6 weeks. 

Any idea why it would mark itself Not Sent after all this time? I don't think it's possible to do it manually, is it? So I coudn't have done it myself by accident.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@charmony wrote:

I don't think it's possible to do it manually, is it? 

It is possible to unmark an item as sent, but there are a lot of glitches on eBay at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened due to one. (eg the other day a buyer purchased multiple items, they were sitting in my awaiting payment section so I tried to send an invoice but kept getting a critical error. Turns out the buyer had already paid for all items - single payment - but it took eBay more than 24 hours to reflect this, and didn't combine the items into a single order detail, either).

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

This happens to me almost daily and is a system glitch I have reported to eBay 4 times in the last 6 months. Others have also reported it but it appears nothing has been done about it despite indiciations to me from eBay that it would be resolved. Basically if you sell on ebay be prepared to pay resonably high fees to sell items on a platform which is fairly glitchy and provides little to no seller protection.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I seem to recall another thread on this. It happens to us as well randomly. But only seems to be on orders where a buyer has purchased multiple items. Then we see the whole order back on our waiting postage list. Very nerve shattering when you instantly think you need to mail out an order you forgot to.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

This one is for multiple (combined) items, too. My concern is that next time I won't notice it's one I've already done, and I'll send it twice. Just so happens this order was slightly unusual so I did remember it, but generally I don't remember individual orders.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I have had this happen quite randomly as well. When doing my parcels I usually have a quick look at the paid dates just in case an order pops up from the past.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply