Will l Be A 21 Day Wonder As Well ???????

Just noticed that l have not used my selling account id. for quite a while. Opened it on the 24th May 2014, only sold one item.  Will l now fall under the 21J day money hold ????  l buy more than l sell off ebay, maybe should have used it more often. Now l feel the worst, must finance postage out of my own pocket, send item, and the await the generosity of greedy bay. l suppose this is what is going to happen to me, right ? 

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Will l Be A 21 Day Wonder As Well ???????

thankyou, treasure.
Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

dvdezydvds
Community Member

Paypal is only one of the many accepted safe payment methods you can use on Ebay   (and that's debatable if your a seller and they hold funds or limit accounts etc) Why are sellers not using the other methods, Paymate is great especially when you don;t have a fee it is used for an ebay payment, as its free. well it was the few times I used them. Paymate transfer money straight into your bank account without you having to ask. My daughter went through a company on fb when they had a special on the portable eftpos machines, so she could accepts credit/debit card payments at the local markets, she also just takes cc payments for her fb sales. The fees are quite reasonable. Me I would be happy to pay extra just to bypass paypal. They have Aussies bluffed and they have brainwashed us to think that you cannot have a successful safe outcome without them which is a load of croc.

If just half the sellers removed paypal and choose alternative methods for their buyers paypal would have to lift their game. Eventually paypal will be left with dishonest buyers who want everything for free and will do anything they can to get it free. Move on from Paypal who cares if the fees are a bit higher (not saying they will be, as I have not really looked into it.) Australians don't usually go done without a fight, start to use some of the aussie spirit we always have for the underdog. obviously the accc can't or choose not to step in on the ridiculous fees and rules produced by this company. Fee's I might add that don't even contribute to our tax system. Why is someone not looking into the ebay/aus post partnership.(If those 2 joining together and making decisions that effect us doesn't ring danger bells i don't know what would  No wonder they are arrogant and carry on like they are untouchable, It's becoming more and more obvious that they are untouchable. 

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

sorry if this is a dumb question

I am seeing a lot of people posting about 21 days and paypal freezing their accounts

what is the criteria for having your account frozen?

and how do you know if your account has been frozen? do you get an email from paypal?

thank you

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#15_Holds_on_funds

here is the latest policy go to number 15 hold of funds
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

It seems if open a new selling account and it's under 90-days old your funds from sales will be frozen. Or if you sell infrequently the same result.
When you log into your PayPal account there will be a summary at the top showing withheld amounts. Also on the individual transactions the status will show withheld.
You won't be able to download any frozen funds to your bank account until after they have been released by PayPal.
We opened a FOS complaint against them after phone calls failed to get the funds released. They then released within 48-hours.
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply