Will they ever reward top rated sellers?

Why do I bother holding a high level of service, free refunds and posting items daily...?

A lot of extra work for no reward. Americans get a range of benefits, we get nothing. The badge was just enough to make it worthwhile, but they even removed that!

What's peoples thoughts on this? 
Seems more people will extend packaging times and not care about service, meaning less customer satisfaction, in turn causing ebay to continue to on losing revenue.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Will they ever reward top rated sellers?

Every company / business should have a focus on delivering a strong customer experience if it wants to be successful.

I care about positive feedback and having customers come back time and time again.  And I actually care about my customers too.

I do not need a badge or a reward for delivering a quality customer experience, other than continuing to grow.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

As a buyer, to be honest I take eBay's idea of a top rated seller with a grain of salt. 

There are sellers with appalling feedback and dissatisfied customers in the hundreds - and they are top rated???  To me they are best avoided.

I assume eBay rates sellers on how much they sell, with customer service (fi they rate it at all) somewhat down the list.

Happy to be corrected by why are bad sellers who sell dodgy goods, or don't send items at all considered 'top rated'?

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Yes, that's what I said too the other day. Sellers who sell a lot are just more loved by eBay because they help them make more money. And that's why some also get feedback removed without a real reason sometimes.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Even at TRS+ Australian's don't get discounts. Even in olden days Powersellers here never got them.

eBay USA is a far different beast to eBay Australia. Any similarity is coincidence.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

If an issue arises, Ebay is more likely to side with a top rated seller than an average seller. I also believe they send bad buyers your way if you're not top rated.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Just noticed I've actually bought from you before. I was so satisfied with your service and quality product that I ordered more the other day when I ran out. So I guess you could say repeat buyers are a good reason to keep up the good work. Hope this feedback helps.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

You bought from yourself?

There's a term for that, and it's not flattering.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Before you implode - I think Shiver was referring to the OP.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Should have replied to the OP, then.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

No - after all this time - you should realise - a post is made - by hitting reply - to the latest post. 

Simples.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply