Will they ever reward top rated sellers?

Why do I bother holding a high level of service, free refunds and posting items daily...?

A lot of extra work for no reward. Americans get a range of benefits, we get nothing. The badge was just enough to make it worthwhile, but they even removed that!

What's peoples thoughts on this? 
Seems more people will extend packaging times and not care about service, meaning less customer satisfaction, in turn causing ebay to continue to on losing revenue.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Will they ever reward top rated sellers?

I reply to the post I am replying to. Admittedly I use a computer. I believe with the app the reply is to the OP, not the last post, so the reply was to their own post, as evident in the structure of the thread.

Might be a bit complicated for you, but that is your issue.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

I guess I had a seniors moment...which is concerning, because I’m not a senior.

Yes I meant to reply to the OP as I have bought from them twice now and was impressed with their service. I wanted them to know their effort isn’t going to waste.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

I don't think uou understand what top rated requires. Thanks.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

They took badges away a while ago now. Plus has no benefits or discounts.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

You're not wrong. I hate seeing counterfeit sellers with high ratings, even when filled with negative reviews.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

If I remember your name next time you're definitely getting some freebies ❤️

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

I agree aspiring to be a good seller is its own reward but I also understand the OP’s frustration.

I recently looked at a seller’s profile who had a 95% feedback rating.  The seller was averaging 600 sales per month.  If Neutral feedback was included, dissatisfied customers represented over 10%.  The complaints ranged from manipulating item location, inaccurate sizing, discrepancies between photos and items received, faulty items and after sales issues.  Yet the seller was a top-rated seller who supposedly consistently provides superior customer service.

Often when a buyer expresses their dissatisfaction here, they are admonished for not having done their homework by examining the seller’s feedback.  But who can blame inexperienced buyers for being confused when ebay confers top-rated status on these woeful sellers?  We may know 95% or even 98% for a high volume seller is unacceptable but do they?

Every time ebay introduces an unpopular policy they do so quoting enhancing the buyer experience as the objective.  Yet the laxness of top-rated seller status makes a mockery of that objective.  It is a slap in the face for genuinely committed sellers and also diminishes the “brand” of ebay.  We may be independent sellers but we come under the umbrella of ebay.  A buyer who has had several negative experiences may not distinguish between the bad sellers they’ve dealt with and ebay as a whole.

As a buyer I deal primarily with lower volume sellers of pre-loved items.  I can honestly say my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive; even with relatively new sellers.  Many many sellers go above and beyond.  These are the sellers ebay should appreciate instead of the high volume sellers who may or may not provide a positive buyer experience.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply