Will they ever reward top rated sellers?

Why do I bother holding a high level of service, free refunds and posting items daily...?

A lot of extra work for no reward. Americans get a range of benefits, we get nothing. The badge was just enough to make it worthwhile, but they even removed that!

What's peoples thoughts on this? 
Seems more people will extend packaging times and not care about service, meaning less customer satisfaction, in turn causing ebay to continue to on losing revenue.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Very good point.

It's actually worse than a lack of benefits. I've found over the years being top rated seller has denied me of benefits.

eg : my top rated accounts that were in the thousands were deleted years ago when I found, if I opened a new seller account, I was offered incentives such as x-amount of discounted sales per month, and/or buyer incentives along the way. 

I currently have approx 8 active accounts and the same issue arises. I can't work out how their targeted incentives work but I can say , with some of them ebay plus accounts and some not, I get more buyer and seller incentives due to the multiple accounts and not due to any sales volume or ratings. In fact all of the accounts are of 100% and always have been. There's a couple of the accounts that rarely receive any offers, and I've been thinking of cancelling and starting new ones. A ouple of the highest rated accounts in rgeard to sales volume and item price etc...receive near no incentives other than what has been paid for in regard to ebay plus.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Just noticed I've actually bought from you before. I was so satisfied with your service and quality product that I ordered more the other day when I ran out. So I guess you could say repeat buyers are a good reason to keep up the good work. Hope this feedback helps.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

I agree aspiring to be a good seller is its own reward but I also understand the OP’s frustration.

I recently looked at a seller’s profile who had a 95% feedback rating.  The seller was averaging 600 sales per month.  If Neutral feedback was included, dissatisfied customers represented over 10%.  The complaints ranged from manipulating item location, inaccurate sizing, discrepancies between photos and items received, faulty items and after sales issues.  Yet the seller was a top-rated seller who supposedly consistently provides superior customer service.

Often when a buyer expresses their dissatisfaction here, they are admonished for not having done their homework by examining the seller’s feedback.  But who can blame inexperienced buyers for being confused when ebay confers top-rated status on these woeful sellers?  We may know 95% or even 98% for a high volume seller is unacceptable but do they?

Every time ebay introduces an unpopular policy they do so quoting enhancing the buyer experience as the objective.  Yet the laxness of top-rated seller status makes a mockery of that objective.  It is a slap in the face for genuinely committed sellers and also diminishes the “brand” of ebay.  We may be independent sellers but we come under the umbrella of ebay.  A buyer who has had several negative experiences may not distinguish between the bad sellers they’ve dealt with and ebay as a whole.

As a buyer I deal primarily with lower volume sellers of pre-loved items.  I can honestly say my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive; even with relatively new sellers.  Many many sellers go above and beyond.  These are the sellers ebay should appreciate instead of the high volume sellers who may or may not provide a positive buyer experience.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I have no issues having a high standard of customer service, regardless of what happens with Ebay USA.

There's only one question - why are you giving refunds? Do you not send your items tracked? 

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

I usually prefer to look at feedback as MANY sellers in China with bad feedback are still top rated sellers... because they sell a lot, of course. 

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

I think buyer's satisfaction should be our constant pursuit.

We should always believe that: No pains, no gains.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Hello

Very good point.

It's actually worse than a lack of benefits. I've found over the years being top rated seller has denied me of benefits.

eg : my top rated accounts that were in the thousands were deleted years ago when I found, if I opened a new seller account, I was offered incentives such as x-amount of discounted sales per month, and/or buyer incentives along the way. 

I currently have approx 8 active accounts and the same issue arises. I can't work out how their targeted incentives work but I can say , with some of them ebay plus accounts and some not, I get more buyer and seller incentives due to the multiple accounts and not due to any sales volume or ratings. In fact all of the accounts are of 100% and always have been. There's a couple of the accounts that rarely receive any offers, and I've been thinking of cancelling and starting new ones. A ouple of the highest rated accounts in rgeard to sales volume and item price etc...receive near no incentives other than what has been paid for in regard to ebay plus.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

@popcollectorsofficial wrote:

Why do I bother holding a high level of service, free refunds and posting items daily...?

A lot of extra work for no reward. Americans get a range of benefits, we get nothing. The badge was just enough to make it worthwhile, but they even removed that!

What's peoples thoughts on this? 
Seems more people will extend packaging times and not care about service, meaning less customer satisfaction, in turn causing ebay to continue to on losing revenue.

Hey! I'm a Top Rated Plus Seller here in America LOL which is not the same as being a Top Rated Seller.

To have TRS+, we have to meet a lot of criteria to get a 10% discount of our selling fees.

As far as badges, they still show, but the yellow ones were changed to blue and do not stand out as well.

Is this true here in Australia as well?

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

I think the OP meant these badges.

papermoonlady_0-1651011174222.jpeg

I cannot see them, not even on the pages of sellers in the USA. Can you?

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Yes, here in the US, those were replaced with blue badges

Check one of my listings to see

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Or maybe it's for TRS+ only?

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

I have actually never been a seller, but I remember those "medals" in the past when I bought from sellers in Australia (and also overseas). The reward system seems to have definitely changed here, but maybe not in other countries.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply