Yes or no on providing more with ths item

I recently sold this item, a vintage dressing gown that never appeared in my listing with a sash. The buyer has sent a message asking for a sash. I would like to ask more experienced sellers if I am am obliged to provide one, what would they do in this situation? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280965272152?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Yes or no on providing more with ths item

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it was never in the listing then you are not obliged to provide one.

Just as a matter of interest, how does it work as a wrap around if there is no sash?  I would suggest to the buyer that they could buy some contrasting material or wide ribbon and make a sash. I think it would have to be contrasting as it would be impossible to match the material after all these years.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Wow I love the gown I must say, but thats not the point ๐Ÿ˜‰

You never stated that it came with the sash and you don't have a sash showing in the picture so you are in no way obligated to supply the buyer with the sash.

The buyer should have made contact with you prior to purchase to ask if there was a sash included before making purchase. They failed to do this and as such that's just tough luck for them.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The gown has ties inside so you can fasten it. I guess the buyer wants the (not shown) outside sash that it had back in the day but this sash doesn't appear at all in the listing in the pics or the description that I gave. I would have to go and buy one to comply with the request, am I obliged to do that?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You definitely don't have to provide one, as the others have said. From reading your description, I'm assuming it wraps across then ties at the side, on the outside? (I ask because the buyer may assume a sash was meant to come with it if instead the ties are on the inside, as some do but that leaves one side flapping open without a sash, and if it ever did have one it probably would have been best to mention it).

That aside, a simple (polite) reply along the lines of as indicated in the listing images and description, the gown doesn't have a sash and I'm not able to provide one.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks, that helps me as I wasn't sure how to proceed.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The gown has ties inside so you can fasten it. I guess the buyer wants the (not shown) outside sash that it had back in the day but this sash doesn't appear at all in the listing in the pics or the description that I gave.

'

I type too slow! As mentioned, I think it would have been best to mention that it once had a sash and so forth, but that still doesn't mean you have to provide one now - you only would if you had included one as part of the listing.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply