Yet another international item not received dispute closed in buyers favour despite tracking

Sent as registered post international letter to US as they were very old patterns : documents

Tracking no.was entered into ebay, kept receipt, no. and date stamped PO.

Buyer opens dispute – item not received

I reply but cannot attach screen shot of ebay link showing tracking at san fran in transit, delayed due to covid blurb right up the top.

Also no-where in dispute to attach photo of tracking which dispute request.

So I Add all info in seller comments

Buyers asks ebay to step in

They refund buyer as no “proof of delivery”.  Well no its in transit.

I appealed – nowhere to add in my documental evidence again….

Declined within 20 mins.

Contacted ebay chat – sorry US closed ring back in morning.

But they just declined my appeal they’re there. Nope

Ring back

No can’t reopen appeal

No can’t see your tracking no. on the USPS website.

But I have a screen shot.

Ebay provided me the day before a paste.pics link that meant I could now post a photo of their tracking link to show items whereabouts showing its in transit

No the USPS says no such no. -  therefore its lost

But the link via ebay shows its in transit. In San Fron.

Contact your courier company and ask them to return you. Sorry mam goodbye

I haven’t finished.

Seller protection covers all sellers against circumstances beyond their control… eg pandemic

No its out of the scope. Tell me about the scope

The case is closed Mam, there is nothing I can do

I require buyers contact phone no. or email address for Australia post claim. Sorry mam we can’t provide that you have to contact the buyer.

The buyer never once contacted me, do you think they’d reply when they receive a full refund and soon to be their purchase! Shut down due to privacy.

I can’t help you mam, I can open a new case for the back office but its not about this. This is closed.

Sounds appealing! He didn’t follow through with that either.

I opened a case with AP. They said precovid and investigation takes 60 days – I;m not hopeful.

The absurbness of the whole situ!

interesting never received the convo. ref no. on that one, or a how'd I do ebay survey!!

Only info I can offer others is as I read too late elsewhere don’t appeal until item is delivered.

And secondly I am now going to end my international sales, which is a fair amount of my buyers on both id, not that anyone cares, but now I’m out of pocket and I have all the legal docs which are are useful as TOAD.

Any further advise of what I can do now – other than move on.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Yet another international item not received dispute closed in buyers favour despite tracking

And this US buyer just keeps on giving.  A full refund including reg int. post decided by US ebay, and keeping the goods when they arrive, is not enough.  I find neutral feedback when logging in this morning.

after another frustrating call I had their comments wiped as they stated it was lost? when ebay tracking shows its in transit. but not the neutral blob.

However more stupidities.  they wouldn't click on their own tracking link to see its "in transit" not actually lost as buyer wrote.  and when I finally achieved some way of getting copies of my receipts and evidence of the docs whereabouts, pdf not accepted, jpeg too big....beyond ridiculous.  Oh and if you take longer than two mins we will disconnect chat and help other patrons...

I wait (and get on with life) while aus post investigate, when I get some proof - hopefully a post reimburses me if it is determined lost by them or I take it up with paypal when I have proof of delivery.  However I'll never get my time back.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply