Yet another international item not received dispute closed in buyers favour despite tracking

Sent as registered post international letter to US as they were very old patterns : documents

Tracking no.was entered into ebay, kept receipt, no. and date stamped PO.

Buyer opens dispute – item not received

I reply but cannot attach screen shot of ebay link showing tracking at san fran in transit, delayed due to covid blurb right up the top.

Also no-where in dispute to attach photo of tracking which dispute request.

So I Add all info in seller comments

Buyers asks ebay to step in

They refund buyer as no “proof of delivery”.  Well no its in transit.

I appealed – nowhere to add in my documental evidence again….

Declined within 20 mins.

Contacted ebay chat – sorry US closed ring back in morning.

But they just declined my appeal they’re there. Nope

Ring back

No can’t reopen appeal

No can’t see your tracking no. on the USPS website.

But I have a screen shot.

Ebay provided me the day before a paste.pics link that meant I could now post a photo of their tracking link to show items whereabouts showing its in transit

No the USPS says no such no. -  therefore its lost

But the link via ebay shows its in transit. In San Fron.

Contact your courier company and ask them to return you. Sorry mam goodbye

I haven’t finished.

Seller protection covers all sellers against circumstances beyond their control… eg pandemic

No its out of the scope. Tell me about the scope

The case is closed Mam, there is nothing I can do

I require buyers contact phone no. or email address for Australia post claim. Sorry mam we can’t provide that you have to contact the buyer.

The buyer never once contacted me, do you think they’d reply when they receive a full refund and soon to be their purchase! Shut down due to privacy.

I can’t help you mam, I can open a new case for the back office but its not about this. This is closed.

Sounds appealing! He didn’t follow through with that either.

I opened a case with AP. They said precovid and investigation takes 60 days – I;m not hopeful.

The absurbness of the whole situ!

interesting never received the convo. ref no. on that one, or a how'd I do ebay survey!!

Only info I can offer others is as I read too late elsewhere don’t appeal until item is delivered.

And secondly I am now going to end my international sales, which is a fair amount of my buyers on both id, not that anyone cares, but now I’m out of pocket and I have all the legal docs which are are useful as TOAD.

Any further advise of what I can do now – other than move on.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Yet another international item not received dispute closed in buyers favour despite tracking

There have been soooooo many claims for INR due to COVID and eBay do not take any of this into consideration when it comes to claims, even when an item is in transit.  One of the reasons I don't post internationally. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Sorry to learn of your unfortunate situation as eBay is not treating you respectfully as a seller, especially with such a higher level of feedback compared to me.

In the past six months I've had 3 INRs from memory (which had tracking) and all were in transit when opened. The buyers asked eBay to step in and all three were placed on hold. Once they got delivered the case was closed with no change.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

thanks love of cars thats interesting to note, and seems much fairer.  can I ask these INR were they US buyers? wondering if its the US ebay way of dealing with the issue.

I am also tracking the item and when it is delivered I will perhaps contact ebay again, however I'm not sure if I want to lose a further several hours of my life, to be told no that case cannot be open. the appeal was declined....

(apologies this is my 2nd id - same person, just replied from the wrong one!)

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

They were two US buyers and one UK buyer. Maybe while you wait for the delivered status to appear you can ask eBay support in chat what you can do if it does appear, so you can be prepared.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

That's so awful to hear - I despise it when Ebay employees make these decisions with very zero thought process.

I stopped my international shipping a few months ago and I was thinking about re-opening it, but stories like this make me think twice.

As a silver lining, my domestic sales are substantially higher in comparision to last year, so the trade-off has worked out ok.

I do agree that you should keep an eye on these items to see when they show delivery and get back in contact with Ebay accordingly.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

If you would like to continue selling internationally during this chaotic time, it may be worth your listing items separately for overseas buyers, complete with extended handling time to cover yourself in the event of shipping delays.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

thanks countess I'm not sure how you mean list them separately for overseas? but I've decided its not worth the stress and will focus more on domestic sales, and on FB MP. sure you have to weed out the tyrekickers but theres them here too.

I'm actually not that confident that the international tracking pairs up that well aus post with us post.  when I try looking for the registered no. it tried telling me it over 60 days which it wasn't that you couldn't search for australian no.s or that it didn't exist.  which is differnet again what you see on the ebay tracking link. even in trackit.org.  all too time wasting and consuming.

having said all of that its does cut into your buyers market, but will see what happens.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Currently I am only offering US postage but as mentioned I have added 10 days to the handling time to allow for any issues. Although parcels are currently being delivered faster to the US than some areas of Australia. Last parcel was 6 days so with so many no longer offering International maybe things are moving faster than usual.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I'm not sure that adding days to handling time helps.  mine was posted 6 august! and buyer raised the INR around mid sept. 

reversing things the other way, I've had 2 deliveries from states to here, and both took approx 60 days.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply